Add to Collection
Go to Collections
Keto Lo Mein
Shirataki lo mein lets you enjoy the wonderfully complex flavors and textures of this dish while sticking to your keto diet.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 35 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 4 bags angel hair shirataki noodles
- 2 (16 oz) bags frozen stir-fry veggies (broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas and water chestnuts)
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce (or use a gluten-free alternative and add salt as needed)
- 1/4 cup natural, unsweetened peanut butter (64 grams)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon konjac flour (or 1 teaspoon cornstarch)
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 lb. cooked chicken breast, cut into strips (6 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 large scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Prepare the shirataki noodles:
Pour the noodles into a colander. Rinse thoroughly. Cook in boiling water for 3 minutes, drain, then dry-roast them in a dry nonstick skillet, stirring, for 1-2 minutes, until completely dry.
Defrost the vegetables:
Place the contents of one bag of frozen veggies in a microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover, and microwave for 3 minutes. Stir, and microwave 3 more minutes. Pour into a colander to drain. Repeat with the second bag. Set aside.
Cook the lo mein:
Heat a wok or a very large (14-inch) nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, about 3 minutes. Add the coconut oil, ginger and garlic, and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
Add the defrosted vegetables, the chicken breast strips, and the cooked noodles. Stir-fry for 1-2 minutes, gently mixing everything together.
Add the sauce to the skillet and toss, using tongs, to coat everything evenly with the sauce and to heat everything through, about 3 minutes.
Transfer the lo mein to a serving platter, drizzle with sesame oil and top with chopped scallions and sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Calories: 397kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 43g | Fat: 17g | Sodium: 1328mg | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 5g