In this easy recipe for spicy baked chicken thighs, a simple rub of olive oil and spices takes boneless, skinless chicken thighs to a whole new level.
These spicy baked chicken thighs are amazing. They are so full of flavor! I make them often because they have this winning combination of a very easy recipe that’s also delicious.
How to make spicy baked chicken thighs
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. The basics are so easy! Rub the chicken thighs with a tasty mixture of olive oil and spices. Then bake them in a 400F oven until cooked through. This should take about 45 minutes. It’s a truly easy recipe, making it ideal for weeknight dinners
What to serve with spicy baked chicken thighs?
Anything, really. It’s a very versatile dish. But since I bake them in a 400°F oven, I like to serve them with a side dish that I can cook in the same oven. So I often serve these spicy baked chicken thighs with baked shiitake mushrooms, with zucchini casserole, or with broccoli tots.
Is this a healthy recipe?
I think it is. Chicken meat is very nutritious, especially if you choose organic chicken. Olive oil is healthy, and spices are too. As much as I like baked chicken breast, I do find that chicken thighs are fattier, juicier, and better tasting, so I make them quite often these days. It’s good that current research tells us that saturated fat does not clog the arteries!
What about leftovers?
If you have leftovers of these spicy baked chicken thighs, they should keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. I usually shred them and add them, cold, to a salad for my lunch. Yum. If you’d like to reheat them, it’s best to do so gently, in the microwave on 50% power.
More tasty chicken recipes
Another excellent recipe for boneless skinless chicken thighs is this recipe for oven baked tandoori chicken. It is wonderfully flavorful! And these baked chicken meatballs are juicy and tasty. My kids love them.
Spicy Baked Chicken Thighs
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wipe the chicken thighs with paper towels. Place them in a baking dish.
- Prepare the rub: In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and spices to create a thick paste. Pour the paste over the chicken thighs and, using your hands, rub it well into the chicken pieces, on all sides.
- Bake the chicken thighs until cooked through and juices run clear, about 45 minutes. Serve immediately.