In this easy recipe for baked chicken thighs, a simple rub of olive oil and spices takes boneless, skinless chicken thighs to a whole new level.
These spicy baked chicken thighs are amazing. They are so full of flavor!
I usually buy bone-in chicken thighs, but today the boneless skinless chicken thighs were on sale, so that’s what I bought.
At home, I decided on a simple rub of olive oil and seasonings. 45 minutes later, we sat down to a super tasty dinner! And it was so EASY!
It’s a truly easy recipe, ideal for weeknight dinners – simply rub the boneless skinless chicken thighs with a simple rub, then bake for 45 minutes at 400F.
As much as I like baked chicken breast, I do find that chicken thighs are fattier, juicier, and better tasting, so I make them quite often these days.
This easy recipe for spicy baked chicken thighs is definitely a keeper.
If you have leftovers, they keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days. I usually shred them and add them, cold, to a salad for my lunch. Yum.
PS. Another excellent recipe for boneless skinless chicken thighs is this recipe for oven baked tandoori chicken. It is wonderfully flavorful!
Spicy Baked Chicken Thighs
- 8 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wipe the chicken thighs with paper towels. Place them in a baking dish.
- Prepare the rub: In a small bowl, combine the olive oil and spices to create a thick paste. Pour the paste over the chicken thighs and, using your hands, rub it well into the chicken pieces, on all sides.
- Bake the chicken thighs until cooked through and juices run clear, about 45 minutes. Serve immediately.