Amazing flourless peanut butter cookies are made with natural peanut butter and honey. For a keto option, use a granulated low carb sweetener instead of the honey.
Made with just four ingredients, these flourless peanut butter cookies are incredibly good. They are sweet (but not too sweet), tasty, soft and chewy.
And unlike flour-based cookies, you’re less likely to overeat them, because these healthy keto peanut butter cookies are very satiating. One or two, eaten slowly and savored, are more than enough.
Your choice of sweetener: honey, or a keto sweetener
I have two versions for these flourless peanut butter cookies. One is made with honey. The keto version is made with a low carb granulated sweetener. Both are excellent, so which version you choose is up to you and your preferred diet.
Are flourless peanut butter cookies healthy? Aren’t peanut unhealthy?
They’re not paleo. But I’m not doing strict paleo so I don’t mind eating them. Peanuts are actually very nutritious. If you worry about mold in peanuts, research shows that there’s a cumulative total reduction of 89% of aflatoxin concentration during the production process of peanut butter.
Can you freeze flourless peanut butter cookies?
Yes! If you have any leftovers of these flourless peanut butter cookies, they keep well for a few days in an airtight container on the counter.
If you refrigerate them, remove them from the fridge 30 minutes before serving. You can also safely freeze these cookies for up to three months, separated with wax paper, in freezer bags.
Can I use almond butter instead of peanut butter?
I’ve been receiving emails from readers who follow the paleo diet, asking me if these cookies would work with almond butter or sunflower butter. I’m not sure!
Peanut butter does have a very unique flavor. Almond butter is much milder, while Sunbutter is not as sweet. So I truly don’t know. But if you give it a try, do drop me a line at HealthyRecipesBlog (at) gmail.com – I’m curious to know!
More peanut butter recipes you might enjoy
Flourless Peanut Butter Cookies
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup honey*
- 1 cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup 70% dark chocolate chunks (50 grams)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium mixing bowl, lightly beat the egg. Whisk in the honey, then the peanut butter. Use a spatula to mix in the chocolate chunks.
- Using a cookie scoop, or a 2-tablespoons measuring scoop, spoon the batter onto the prepared baking sheet. Gently flatten the tops of the cookies with the back of a spoon.
- Bake until edges are just beginning to brown, 8-10 minutes. Cookies will still be soft at this point, but they will set as they cool.
- Cool the cookies 10-15 minutes in the pan. They will be too soft to remove from the pan at this point. Once they are set, use a spatula to carefully transfer the cookies to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store the flourless peanut butter cookies at room temperature, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.