A simple and easy recipe for roasted green beans with garlic and olive oil. Only 15 minutes in a 425°F oven and this delicious side dish is ready!
These roasted green beans are one of my favorite ways to prepare this healthy vegetable. It helps that my family members enjoy this recipe too and that even the leftovers are good.
Boiled or baked?
I must admit that my truly favorite way to make them is to simply boil green beans, then dress them with kosher salt and butter (sometimes the simplest recipes are the best!)
But oven baking does have its advantages, and I love the way it makes vegetables crispy and delicious, especially when roasted in tasty olive oil with garlic.
Are green beans healthy?
I love green beans and have quite a few green beans recipes on this blog. When the paleo movement started, some people were saying that green beans should be avoided, since they are technically legumes. I was like “No way! Green beans stay.” 😤
Green beans should be lower in lectins than mature beans. And it’s doubtful whether lectins are even an issue – both The Mayo Clinic and the Harvard School of Public Health say that they should not prevent us from eating foods that are otherwise considered as healthy.
The ingredients needed for this recipe
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make this tasty side dish (exact measurements are in the recipe card below):
- Fresh green beans.
- Olive oil (a healthy ingredient).
- Kosher salt and black pepper: If using fine salt, you might want to reduce the amount you use.
- Garlic powder.
How to roast green beans
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the details. Here are the basic steps:
- Start by coating fresh green beans in olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
- Roast them until tender and browned in spots, about 15 minutes at 425°F. That’s it! How easy is that!
What goes with roasted green beans?
Anything, really. They are very versatile. But since I cook them in a 425°F oven, I like to serve them with a main dish that I can cook in the same oven. So I often serve them with one of the following:
What about leftovers?
Leftovers of these roasted green beans keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. I actually like to eat them cold, like you would eat antipasti. You can also gently reheat them in the microwave, covered, on 50% power.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Roasted Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (reduce the amount if using fine salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Add the green beans to the pan and toss with the olive oil, kosher salt, black pepper, and garlic powder. I use my hands to make sure the green beans are well-coated.
- Spread the coated green beans in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast until tender and browned in spots, about 15 minutes. Serve immediately.