Green beans are roasted in olive oil until just tender, then seasoned with garlic, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan. Healthy, easy and delicious!
These roasted green beans are one of my favorite ways to prepare this healthy vegetable. Although I must admit that my truly favorite way to make them is to simply boil green beans, then dress with kosher salt and butter (sometimes the simplest recipe are the best!)
But green beans are not paleo?
I love green beans and have quite a few green beans recipes on this blog. When the paleo movement started, some people were saying that green beans should be avoided, since they are technically legumes. I was like “No way! Green beans stay.” I’ve since learned that many paleo advocates feel that green beans are actually fine since they don’t contain the toxins that mature beans contain.
How to make roasted green beans
Scroll down to the recipe card for the details. In this easy recipe for roasted green beans, I roast fresh green beans in olive oil until just tender. Then, I season them with garlic, red pepper flakes, and Parmesan. They’re really good!
What goes with roasted green beans?
Anything, really. Since I make them in a 450°F oven, I like to serve a main course that I can cook in the same oven. So I often serve roasted green beans with bacon-wrapped chicken breast, with roasted turkey legs, or with baked parmesan shrimp.
What about leftovers?
I almost never have any when I make this recipe. But when I do, I have found that roasted green beans keep well in the fridge in an airtight container for 3-4 days. They’re not as good as when served freshly roasted, though. I actually like to eat them cold, like you would eat antipasti. You can also gently reheat them in the microwave on 50% power.
Roasted Green Beans
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (not table salt)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a large bowl, toss the green beans with the olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper.
- Spread the coated green beans in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Roast until just tender, about 15 minutes.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and toss with the red pepper flakes, garlic and Parmesan. Serve immediately.