This Asian shrimp salad is dressed in a tasty dressing of soy sauce, white wine, and sesame oil. It’s an easy, fresh-tasting summer dish.
This Asian shrimp salad is so easy to make, and it’s so very flavorful. I love making it in the summer. It’s so fresh-tasting.
How to make Asian shrimp salad
It’s such an easy recipe! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions.
This delicious, Asian-inspired cold shrimp salad is dressed in a lovely dressing of soy sauce, white wine, and sesame oil. It’s a fresh-tasting, light dish that goes really well with dry white wine – the same wine used in the dressing.
If you like spice, try adding a pinch of red pepper flakes to the dressing. You can also add seeded, thinly sliced jalapeno peppers. Red peppers are hotter, but they add a nice color to the dish.
How to serve Asian shrimp salad
How long can I keep this Asian shrimp salad?
You can keep it in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 3 days.
How to choose sustainable shrimp
Shrimp are generally healthy, but imported shrimp are not always well regulated. They are sometimes grown in contaminated water and fed antibiotics. Your best bet is to choose either US-grown wild shrimp or responsibly farmed sustainable shrimp. Here are some good tips for choosing sustainable shrimp and consuming shrimp responsibly.
More tasty shrimp recipes
Another great recipe for cold shrimp is this boiled shrimp recipe. Super simple, super delicious, whether dipped in drawn butter or in a low sugar cocktail sauce.
- 2 tablespoons light soy sauce (or coconut aminos)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dry white wine (I used Sauvignon Blanc)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lb. cold cooked shrimp
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions, green parts
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- In a large serving bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, lemon juice, white wine, sesame oil and black pepper.
- Add the shrimp and the herbs and gently toss to coat.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes, to allow flavors to meld.
- Toss again before serving.