Roasted bell peppers are seasoned with olive oil, garlic, oregano, and crushed red peppers. Roasting really brings out their flavor. Delicious!
Look at these gorgeous, colorful roasted bell peppers! They are as flavorful as they are pretty. And they are so easy to make and very healthy.
I love raw bell peppers. I slice them thinly and sprinkle with sea salt and oregano. Yum. But as much as I love them raw, I find that roasted bell peppers are even better. Roasting really brings out their unique flavor.
How do I roast peppers in the oven?
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. But it’s such an easy recipe. Season the bell peppers with olive oil, garlic, oregano, and crushed red peppers. Then roast in a 450°F oven until tender and charred in spots.
How to serve roasted bell peppers
They make a wonderful side dish to meat, poultry or fish. I make this dish often, because it’s so easy to make, and because I almost always have bell peppers in the fridge. They keep well and don’t spoil as easily as other produce.
I often serve these roasted bell peppers with baked chicken breast, because they both require the same oven temperature and the same roasting time. Can you say EASY? It’s the perfect weeknight meal! And another easy option is to serve them with oven chicken kabobs.
What about leftovers?
These roasted bell peppers keep well in the fridge, in a sealed container, for 3-4 days. Gently reheat them in the microwave on 50% power. Or do as I do and eat them cold the next day for lunch, with cold cuts, cheese, and hard-boiled eggs. They make a great antipasti plate!
More bell pepper recipes you might enjoy
Stuffed peppers are amazing. They’re somewhat labor intensive, but they are very much worth it. And a much easier dish that I like to make for breakfast are these breakfast stuffed peppers with eggs and sausage.
Roasted Bell Peppers
- 4 medium bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the bell peppers into quarters, then seed and trim them.
- Place the bell peppers on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle with the olive oil and use your hands to coat them well.
- Sprinkle the bell peppers with salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Roast until tender and charred in spots, about 20 minutes. Serve the roasted bell peppers immediately.