In this delicious roasted cauliflower recipe, the florets are tossed with olive oil, garlic, and parmesan, then baked until golden and creamy.
It’s easy to come up with keto cauliflower recipes! After all, the vegetable itself is low-carb. It’s just a matter of adding the right ingredients to keep it that way.
Which is why I love making this roasted cauliflower recipe for my family. It’s delicious, nutritious and keto, and we all love the cheesy topping. The cauliflower becomes so wonderfully creamy as it bakes!
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty keto side dish. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
Fresh cauliflower: I don’t recommend using frozen cauliflower in this recipe.
Olive oil: I love cooking with this delicious oil. But if you worry about its relatively low smoke point, you can use melted butter instead.
Sea salt and black pepper: Freshly ground black pepper tastes best.
Garlic powder: You can use fresh minced garlic instead. But I like the way the powder uniformly coats the cauliflower, and it also doesn’t burn as easily as minced garlic.
Grated Parmesan: I think it’s best to use finely grated cheese, although coarsely shredded parmesan will work if that’s all you have.
No breadcrumbs needed
This is a tasty, creamy and cheesy side dish. Even the Picky Eater loves it! To keep it keto, I don’t use breadcrumbs in this recipe, and frankly, I don’t miss them.
It’s possible to sprinkle some almond meal on the top of this dish in addition to the Parmesan, or maybe pork panko. But really, it’s delicious with just the cheese.
How to roast cauliflower
It’s so easy! This is one of my easiest side dishes, which is why I make it so often. Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
1. Trim the cauliflower and separate it into florets.
2. In a large bowl, toss it with the olive oil and the spices.
3. Transfer to a rimmed baking dish and bake 15 minutes at 425°F.
4. Turn to the other side, sprinkle with the Parmesan, and bake for 15 more minutes.
What to serve with roasted cauliflower?
It’s a very versatile side dish that goes with anything! But since I make it in a 425°F oven, I like to serve it with a main dish that I can cook in the same oven. So I often serve it with one of the following main dishes:
What to do with the leftovers?
Leftovers keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days in a sealed container. Reheat them gently in the microwave on 50% power prior to serving.
More tasty cauliflower recipes
Ever since I started eating low carb, I’ve been making cauliflower a lot. It’s a tasty, versatile vegetable that can work well to replace starchy dishes.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower, cleaned and separated into florets (1 lb.)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (40 grams)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to coat the cauliflower florets with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Transfer to a rimmed baking dish large enough to accommodate the florets in a single layer (such as a 9 X 13 rectangular baking dish).
- Bake the cauliflower for 15 minutes.
- Turn the florets to the other side, sprinkle with the cheese, and bake 15 more minutes, until golden-brown. Serve the Parmesan roasted cauliflower immediately.