In this delicious Parmesan roasted cauliflower recipe, cauliflower florets are tossed in olive oil, garlic and parmesan, and baked until golden and creamy.
I really like this delicious roasted cauliflower with olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan. The cauliflower becomes so creamy and mild as it bakes. I really dislike raw cauliflower. I find its flavor pungent and unpleasant. Not to mention the smell! But baking completely transforms cauliflower.
No breadcrumbs needed
Parmesan roasted cauliflower is a tasty, creamy and cheesy side dish. Even the Picky Eater loves it! To keep it keto and low carb, I don’t use breadcrumbs in this recipe, and frankly, I don’t miss them. It’s possible to sprinkle some almond meal on the top with the cheese, or maybe pork panko. But really, this Parmesan roasted cauliflower is delicious with just the cheese.
What main dish to serve with roasted cauliflower?
It’s a very versatile side dish that goes with anything! But since I make it in a 425°F oven, I like to serve it with a main dish that I can cook in the same oven. So I often serve roasted cauliflower with easy Chicken Cordon Bleu, with smoked paprika roasted salmon, or with baked cod.
Is this a healthy recipe?
I think it’s very healthy! Cauliflower has many health benefits, and olive oil is healthy too. As for the Parmesan, happily, current research says that full-fat dairy is harmless, and might even be beneficial.
What about leftovers?
If you happen to have any leftovers, Parmesan roasted cauliflower keeps well in the fridge. You can keep it for 3-4 days in a sealed container, and gently reheat in the microwave on 50% power prior to serving.
More tasty cauliflower recipes
Ever since I started eating low carb, I’ve been making cauliflower a lot. It’s a tasty, versatile vegetable that can work well to replace starchy dishes. Mashed cauliflower and cauliflower potato salad are staples in this household. And these cauliflower tots are the perfect game day snack!
Parmesan Roasted Cauliflower
- 1 large head cauliflower, cleaned and separated into florets (1 lb.)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (40 grams)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, use your hands to coat the cauliflower florets with the olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Transfer to a baking dish large enough to accommodate the florets in a single layer (such as a 9 X 13 rectangular baking dish).
- Bake the cauliflower for 15 minutes.
- Turn the florets to the other side, sprinkle with the cheese, and bake 15 more minutes, until golden-brown. Serve the Parmesan roasted cauliflower immediately.