Thick slabs of cauliflower steak are delicious, well seasoned, and very satisfying. The easiness of this recipe is an added bonus!
I love cauliflower steak! It’s my newest cauliflower discovery, and I’ve been making it quite often lately.
Imagine delicious, well-seasoned, creamy roasted cauliflower. Now imagine it in the form of thick, steak-like slabs.
Thick slices of roasted cauliflower are very tasty and very satisfying. I think cauliflower is awesome in general – it’s delicious, healthy, and very versatile.
I have quite a few cauliflower recipes on this blog that I make regularly for my family. This is one of my favorites.
“Meaty” vegetables are great
As it turns out, cauliflower can be just as hearty, when it’s cut into thick cauliflower steaks and roasted to perfection.
The ingredients you’ll need
I love how short the ingredients list is for this recipe! Here’s what you’ll need (exact measurements are in the recipe card below):
- Fresh cauliflower heads – you’ll need two of them
- Olive oil (another healthy ingredient)
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Spices: garlic powder, paprika, and coriander
How to make cauliflower steak
It’s actually very easy. Slice, season, and roast in a hot oven. It’s one of the easiest cauliflower recipes I make. Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- After you wash the cauliflower and trim it, you cut it into thick slices. Make them about 3/4-inch thick, and don’t worry about those that end up falling apart (and some inevitably will). You can simply bake them with the intact slices.
- Brush the cauliflower slices with olive oil and sprinkle them with the yummy spices.
- bake until golden-brown and tender, about 15 minutes per side at 425°F.
The only challenge here is that when you cut the cauliflower head into slices, some of it will fall apart and turn into florets.
That’s why you need two cauliflower heads for this recipe, to account for the slices that fell apart on you.
What to serve with cauliflower steaks?
You can serve this dish as a side dish to any meat. Sometimes I serve it with fried or poached eggs, for a hearty meatless meal.
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days. Reheat the leftovers gently, in the microwave on 50% power.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
- 2 medium heads of cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Wash the cauliflower heads, trim the outer leaves and remove the core. Slice into 3/4-inch-thick slices. The outer slices will likely fall apart – you can simply roast them with the cauliflower steaks. Plan on getting 3 cauliflower steaks out of each cauliflower head.
- Brush both sides of the cauliflower steaks with the olive oil. Sprinkle with the seasonings. Place on the prepared baking sheet and bake 15 minutes.
- Carefully turn, and bake 15 more minutes, until browned and fork-tender.