If you’re still looking for game day snacks for Sunday, here’s a great low-carb snack that you can also serve as a tasty appetizer. While definitely not low calorie, it is delicious, wholesome, and very filling.
- 1 (8 oz) package neufchatel cheese (or reduced-fat cream cheese)
- 8 oz prepared guacamole (I used four Wholly Guacamole 100-calorie minis)
- 4 (1 oz) slices sharp cheddar cheese
- Optional topping: red pepper flakes
- Place the cream cheese in a microwave-safe bowl and briefly heat, about 30 seconds, to soften.
- Add the guacamole. Using a fork, and then a whisk, whisk until well combined and fluffy.
- One at a time, place each cheddar slice on a square of parchment paper. Microwave until the cheese spreads into a thin cracker. In my microwave it take 1 minute and 20 seconds per slice. While the "cracker" is still warm and pliable, press it into a ½-cup bowl or ramekin, shaping it into a cup. Keep it in the bowl for a minute or so, until it hardens and sets. Repeat with the remaining cheddar slices.
- Spoon the avocado mousse into the cups. Lightly sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Serve immediately. Don't make these in advance, or the cheddar shell will become soggy.