Whenever I have leftover quinoa, I make these crispy, nutty, delicious quinoa cakes. They’re great as a side dish, but substantial and filling enough to serve as a vegetarian main dish.
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Sides, Vegetarian, Gluten-Free
Yield: 6 quinoa cakesNew quantity:
- 2 cups cooked quinoa
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients except the butter.
- Heat a double-burner griddle, or 2 large skillets, over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon butter and brush to coat. Using a ¼ cup measuring cup per cake, drop mixture into pan and lightly flatten.
- Fry until golden-brown, about 4 minutes per side, adding more butter as needed.
I marked this recipe as "gluten free," but if you must avoid gluten, double-check to make sure that the quinoa you buy is marked as gluten-free.
Nutrition Per Serving
Serving size: 1 cake; Calories: 170; Total Fat: 7g; Carbohydrates: 19g; Sodium: 148mg; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 7g