These creamy, very flavorful tiramisu cups are made with ricotta cheese and have all the wonderful flavors of the classic Italian dessert, minus the 3,000 calories.
Light Tiramisu Cups
Author: Vered DeLeeuw
Recipe type: Dessert, Gluten-Free, Low-Carb
Yield: 8 servingsNew quantity:
- 2 tablespoons amaretto liqueur
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 cup whole milk ricotta cheese (Organic Valley brand has a clean ingredients list)
- 1 (8 oz) package neufchâtel cheese (or reduced-fat cream cheese), softened
- ½ cup xylitol (or sugar) (Why I believe xylitol is safe)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place the amaretto liqueur and espresso powder in a small bowl and mix with a fork, dissolving the espresso powder in the liqueur.
- Transfer the amaretto/espresso mixture and the cheeses to your food processor bowl. Add the xylitol. Process 2 minutes, stopping once to scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula, until light, creamy and very smooth.
- Transfer to small individual serving dishes or espresso cups. Chill 2 hours.
- When ready to serve, dust with cocoa powder (dust through a strainer for light coverage).
Nutrition Per Serving
Calories: 173; Total Fat: 11g; Carbohydrates: 10g; Sugars: 2g; Sodium: 139mg; Fiber: 0g; Protein: 6g