This low carb breakfast pizza is made with a delicious, cheesy coconut flour crust. Add cheese, eggs and bacon, and you’ve got yourself the perfect breakfast pizza!
I’ve been wanting to make a low carb breakfast pizza for a while now. But as long as my go-to low carb pizza crust was made out of cauliflower, it just didn’t seem like it would work.
Then I discovered this super amazing coconut flour pizza crust. It sounds suspicious, I know, but it’s wonderful. And not coconutty at all!
That’s when I knew I would finally be able to use this crust for a low carb breakfast pizza.
It’s so easy, really – make the crust, add some cheese, bacon and eggs – and you’ve got yourself the perfect, prettiest, most delicious low carb breakfast pizza.
Although I usually make this low carb breakfast pizza for weekend brunch, I also make it quite often for dinner. It’s substantial and very filling.
- Olive oil spray
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons (1 oz) grated parmesan cheese
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 cup (4 oz) shredded provolone cheese
- 6 small or medium eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two pans with parchment paper and spray the paper with olive oil.
- Place the bacon strips in a large cold skillet. Heat the skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon until just crisp. Allow to cool on paper towels, then cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the water, garlic powder, onion powder and dried oregano.
- Measure out the coconut flour, breaking up any lumps with your hands. Stir the coconut flour into the egg mixture, mixing until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Allow the mixture to rest and thicken for a couple of minutes. This will allow the coconut flour to soak up the liquid.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer half of the mixture onto each of the prepared pans. Use a spatula to spread it out evenly into an 8-inch circle.
- Bake the pizzas until just set but still light in color, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the baked crusts from the oven. Spray them with olive oil. Sprinkle each crust with half the shredded cheese.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl, then slide them onto the pizzas. If you’re using large eggs, it’s best to pour out some of the egg whites.
- Return the pizzas to the oven. Bake until egg whites are almost set, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the pizzas with the bacon pieces. Bake until egg whites are fully cooked, 2-3 more minutes.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before cutting each pizza into three big slices and serving.