So easy it’s funny, this delicious pizza dip recipe gives you a perfect keto pizza experience, without the added carbs, gluten and calories from the crust.
When it comes to party appetizers, I’m sure you’ll agree with me that easy is the way to go. And this recipe is so easy it’s funny. (Another good one is this spinach artichoke dip).
Can I even call it a recipe? Layering cheeses, tomato sauce, and toppings, then melting everything in the oven is hardly a recipe. And indeed, it’s very forgiving. You can mix it up and change the ingredients according to what you happen to have on hand.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty pizza dip. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
Cubed cream cheese: It’s best to use full-fat cream cheese in this recipe. It’s not that reduced-fat cream cheese will be bad, but it won’t be as good, in my opinion.
Spices: Oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Please make sure the spices you use are fresh. A stale spice can easily ruin a dish.
Sugar-free pizza sauce: My favorite brand is Rao’s. It has no added sugar and it’s delicious. I usually get it at Whole Foods, although lately, I’ve been spotting it at my local supermarket as well.
Shredded mozzarella cheese: Another cheese that works well in this recipe is provolone. But I almost always use mozzarella.
Toppings: I like to use black olives and either pepperoni or chorizo. If you’re not a fan of processed meats, you can use vegetables instead. sauteed mushrooms are very good in this recipe.
How to make pizza dip
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
1. Your first step is to soften the cream cheese in the microwave. Once it’s soft, you can mix in the spices. Mix them well so that that they are evenly distributed.
2. Now, transfer the mixture to a small baking dish.
3. Top the cream cheese mixture with pizza sauce, then with mozzarella, and finally with your choice of toppings.
4. Bake the mixture until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes in a 350°F oven. That’s it! I told you this was easy.
What cheese to use?
You can use whatever cheese you like! So for example, you can use mascarpone instead of cream cheese. And I dare say whole milk ricotta would also work well in this pizza dip.
As for the shredded cheese, mozzarella works well of course, and that’s what I normally use. But provolone and fontina are two other excellent options. Or you could use a store-bought mix of shredded Italian cheeses.
What toppings to use?
Obviously, the toppings can be whatever you want them to be. Pepperoni is a classic, but I often use Spanish chorizo instead. Olives, sauteed mushrooms and bell peppers are all delicious and work well as toppings.
What to serve with keto pizza dip?
A perfect party appetizer, this dip is a crowd-pleaser even when served with fresh-cut veggies rather than with bread or crackers.
More pizza-style appetizers
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Pizza Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup no-sugar pizza sauce (Rao’s is great)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 oz black pitted olives, sliced
- 1 oz pepperoni slices or thinly sliced Spanish chorizo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cream cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds to soften. Mix in the oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart baking dish (such as a 9-inch pie plate). Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top, then add your toppings.
- Bake 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted. If you want it browned, place the dish for an additional couple of minutes under the broiler (make sure your baking dish is broiler-safe).
- Serve with fresh-cut veggies and pork rinds or almond flour crackers for dipping.