So easy it’s funny, this delicious pizza dip recipe gives you a perfect keto pizza experience, without the added carbs, gluten and calories from the crust.
When it comes to party appetizers, easy is the way to go. And this recipe is so easy it’s funny. (Another good one is this spinach artichoke dip).
Can I even call it a recipe? Layering cheese, tomato sauce, and toppings, then melting everything in the oven is hardly a recipe. And indeed, this easy recipe is very forgiving.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty pizza dip. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
Cubed cream cheese: It’s best to use full-fat cream cheese in this recipe.
Spices: Oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes. Make sure they are fresh! A stale spice can easily ruin a dish.
Sugar-free pizza sauce: My favorite brand is Rao’s. It has no added sugar and it’s delicious.
Shredded mozzarella cheese: Another cheese that works well in this recipe is provolone.
Toppings: I like to use black olives and pepperoni or chorizo. If you’re not a fan of processed meats, you can use vegetables instead. Mushrooms are very good.
How to make pizza dip
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
1. Soften the cream cheese in the microwave, then mix in the spices.
2. Transfer the mixture to a small baking dish.
3. Top with pizza sauce, mozzarella, and your choice of toppings.
4. Bake for 15 minutes at 350°F. That’s it! I told you this was easy.
What cheese to use?
Use whatever cheese you like! You can use mascarpone instead of cream cheese, for example, and I dare say whole milk ricotta would work as well.
As for the shredded cheese, mozzarella works well of course, but so do provolone and fontina. Or you could use a mix of shredded Italian cheeses.
What toppings to use?
Obviously, the toppings can be whatever you want them to be. Pepperoni is a classic, but I often use Spanish chorizo instead. Olives, mushrooms and bell peppers are all delicious and good for you and work well as toppings.
What to serve with keto pizza dip?
A perfect party appetizer, this dip is a crowd-pleaser even when served with fresh-cut veggies rather than with bread or crackers.
More pizza-style appetizers
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Pizza Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, cubed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup no-sugar pizza sauce (Rao’s is great)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 oz black pitted olives, sliced
- 1 oz pepperoni slices or thinly sliced Spanish chorizo
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cream cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave 30 seconds to soften. Mix in the oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer the mixture to a 1-quart baking dish (such as a 9-inch pie plate). Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top, then add your toppings.
- Bake 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted. If you want it browned, place the dish for an additional couple of minutes under the broiler (make sure your baking dish is broiler-safe).
- Serve with fresh-cut veggies and pork rinds or almond flour crackers for dipping.