Ready in just 20 minutes and truly easy to make, this delicious pizza dip gives you the perfect pizza experience without a crust.
To keep it low-carb, I like to use fresh-cut veggies and pork rinds (homemade or store-bought) for dipping.
When it comes to party appetizers, I'm sure you'll agree with me that easy is the way to go. And this recipe is so easy it's funny.
Can I even call it a recipe? Layering cheeses, tomato sauce, and toppings, then melting everything in the oven is hardly a recipe.
You'll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty pizza dip. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here's an overview of what you'll need:
- Cream cheese: It's best to use full-fat cream cheese in this recipe.
- Spices: I use oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Pizza sauce: My favorite brand is Rao's. It has no added sugar and it's delicious. I usually get it at Whole Foods, although lately, I've been spotting it at my local supermarket as well.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese: Another cheese that works well in this recipe is provolone. But I almost always use mozzarella.
- Toppings: I like to use pepperoni.
As mentioned above, you can use different cheese and different toppings. Mascarpone is a good substitute for cream cheese, and I sometimes like to use provolone instead of mozzarella.
Two other nice additions that I sometimes use are torn basil leaves, scattered on top of the dip after it emerges from the oven. And when I'm in the mood for something spicy, I like to sprinkle the finished dip with red pepper flakes.
Pizza Dip Instructions
Making this dip is truly easy. Scroll down to the recipe card for detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Your first step is to soften the cream cheese in the microwave. Once it's soft, you can mix in the spices. Mix them well so that they are evenly distributed.
- Now, transfer the cream cheese mixture to a baking dish. Top it with pizza sauce, then with mozzarella, and finally with your choice of toppings.
- Bake the dip until heated through and the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes in a 350°F oven. That's it! I told you this was easy.
Any 1-quart ceramic or glass baking dish will work in this recipe, but I almost always use a ceramic 9-inch pie plate. There's no need to grease the pan.
You can use whatever cheese you like! You can use mascarpone instead of cream cheese.
As for the shredded cheese, mozzarella works well of course, and that's what I normally use. But provolone and fontina are two other excellent options. Or you could use a store-bought mix of shredded Italian cheeses.
Obviously, the toppings can be whatever you want them to be. Pepperoni is a classic, but I often use Spanish chorizo instead.
Olives, sauteed mushrooms, and sliced bell peppers are all delicious and work well as toppings.
Yes. Although marinara sauce intended for pasta is a bit thinner than pizza sauce, you can use it in this recipe, especially if you use Rao's sauce which tends to be fairly thick.
A perfect party appetizer, this dip is a crowd-pleaser even when served with fresh-cut veggies rather than with bread or crackers.
So I usually serve it with vegetables for scooping. Mini peppers, celery, cauliflower, and broccoli florets are especially good.
If you have any leftovers, you can keep them in the baking dish and allow them to cool. Wrap the baking dish tightly in plastic wrap and place it in the fridge:
The leftovers will keep this way for up to 4 days. When it's time to reheat them, remove the plastic wrap and reheat them in the microwave at 50% power until the cheese is fully melted.
More Pizza Recipes
👩🏻🍳 I aim to publish a new recipe once or twice a month. Want these recipes in your inbox? Subscribe today! You can unsubscribe at any time.
Easy Pizza Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese cubed
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup pizza sauce (Rao's is a good choice)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1 oz pepperoni slices
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the cream cheese in a medium microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 30 seconds to soften. Mix in the oregano, garlic powder, onion powder, and red pepper flakes.
- Transfer the mixture to a ceramic or glass 1-quart baking dish (such as a 9-inch pie plate). Spread evenly with a spatula.
- Spread the pizza sauce on top of the cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top, then add your toppings.
- Bake the dip until the cheese is melted, about 15 minutes.
- Serve with fresh-cut veggies and pork rinds or almond flour crackers for dipping.