This keto meatza recipe is ideal for those on a low carb diet. With a delicious meaty crust and lots of cheesy goodness, you won’t miss the carbs!
This meatza recipe is one of my family’s favorite low carb pizzas.
But if you want an even lower carb count, or less fiber (some don’t do well on lots of fiber), meatza – meat crust pizza – is a tasty option.
Meatza is great for getting all those yummy pizza flavors without overdoing it on carbs. With a delicious meaty crust and lots of cheesy goodness, you won’t miss the carbs when you bite into a slice of meatza!
A nice variation on the classic meatza is to make mini meatzas, topping cooked 4 oz beef patties with cheese and pizza toppings and briefly broiling them:
But today I felt like making a “real” pizza and cutting it into slices. If you flatten the meat well, and bake it long enough, you can eat this meatza with your hands, if you’re so inclined. Just like real pizza!
Is meatza tasty?
Yes! This keto meatza recipe is delicious. Admittedly it’s a very different experience than biting into warm doughy “real” pizza. But biting into well-seasoned, crispy meat topped with bubbly, melted cheese is wonderful too. It’s just a different kind of wonderful.
But it can’t be healthy with all that meat and cheese, right?
I would say that the only questionable ingredient here is the pepperoni, although even this is debatable. However, if you’d rather be on the safe side when it comes to the consumption of processed meats, simply omit the pepperoni and replace it with veggies. Bell pepper slices are good, as are mushrooms.
What about leftovers?
Leftovers keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days. Gently reheat them in the microwave, on 50% power.
Another easy “pizza” recipe you might enjoy
When I’m being super lazy, even too lazy to make meatza, I make pizza chicken. Basically baked chicken breasts, topped with pizza toppings and baked until the cheese melts. It’s super easy, and very good!
- Olive oil spray
- 1 lb. lean ground beef, 85/15
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup marinara sauce (I used rao's arrabbiata)
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella (4oz)
- 1 oz pepperoni slices
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil and spray it with olive oil.
- On the prepared baking sheet, flatten the ground beef into a very thin, large circle – make it as thin as you can (1/8-inch thick is good).
- Sprinkle the ground beef with black pepper, garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes.
- Bake until fully cooked, about 15 minutes.
- Remove the meat from the oven and switch the oven to broil.
- Sprinkle the cheese evenly on the meat. Top with your choice of toppings – I used pepperoni and black olives. Broil just until cheese is melted, 1-2 minutes.
- Allow the meatza to rest 10 minutes before cutting into 8 triangles and serving.