This keto breakfast pizza is made with a delicious, cheesy coconut flour crust. Add cheese, eggs and bacon, and you’ve got yourself the perfect keto breakfast!
I’ve been wanting to make a low carb, keto breakfast pizza for a while now. But as long as my go-to low carb pizza crust was made out of cauliflower, it just didn’t seem like it would work. Cauliflower pizza crust is very tasty, but it’s not very sturdy.
Then I discovered this amazing coconut flour pizza crust. It sounds suspicious, I know, but it’s wonderful. It’s tasty, not coconutty at all, and it’s quite sturdy.
That’s when I knew I would finally be able to use this crust for a low carb, keto breakfast pizza.
How to make keto breakfast pizza
It’s so easy, really. Make the crust (it’s easy), add some cheese, bacon and eggs – and you’ve got yourself the perfect, prettiest, most delicious keto breakfast.
In fact, in my experience, coconut flour crust is easier to make and work with than wheat flour crust. And I should know. Back in my high carb days I owned a bread machine and used to make homemade pizza.
This pizza is also great for dinner!
Although I usually make this low carb breakfast pizza for weekend brunch, I also make it quite often for dinner and serve it with a side of a simple salad, or some steamed broccoli. It’s substantial and very filling.
Is this a healthy recipe?
My own personal choice is to consume processed meats, including bacon, in moderation.
If you prefer to avoid processed meat, by all means, omit the bacon! You can top your keto breakfast pizza with cooked and crumbled homemade sausage or simply replace the bacon with vegetables.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Low Carb Breakfast Pizza
- Olive oil spray
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 6 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese (1 oz)
- 6 bacon strips
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese (4 oz)
- 6 small or medium eggs
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two pans with parchment paper and spray the paper with olive oil.
- Place the bacon strips in a large cold skillet. Heat the skillet over medium heat. Cook the bacon until just crisp. Allow to cool on paper towels, then cut into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the water, garlic powder, onion powder and dried oregano.
- Measure out the coconut flour, breaking up any lumps with your hands. Stir the coconut flour into the egg mixture, mixing until smooth. Stir in the Parmesan cheese.
- Allow the mixture to rest and thicken for a couple of minutes. This will allow the coconut flour to soak up the liquid.
- Using a rubber spatula, transfer half of the mixture onto each of the prepared pans. Use a spatula to spread it out evenly into an 8-inch circle.
- Bake the pizzas until just set but still light in color, about 10 minutes.
- Remove the baked crusts from the oven. Spray them with olive oil. Sprinkle each crust with half the shredded cheese.
- Break the eggs into a small bowl, then slide them onto the pizzas. If you’re using large eggs, it’s best to pour out some of the egg whites.
- Return the pizzas to the oven. Bake until egg whites are almost set, about 10 minutes. Sprinkle the pizzas with the bacon pieces. Bake until egg whites are fully cooked, 2-3 more minutes.
- Allow to rest 5 minutes before cutting each pizza into three big slices and serving.