Beautiful, sweet-yet-tangy roasted cherry tomatoes make a deliciously fresh side dish, and are just as wonderful for breakfast as they are for dinner.
These tomatoes are so good! Actually, in my opinion, tomatoes are wonderful whether raw or cooked.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty recipe (exact measurements are included in the recipe card below):
- Cherry tomatoes
- Minced garlic
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Dried thyme
How to make roasted cherry tomatoes
It’s such an easy recipe. Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- You coat the tomatoes in olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and spices.
- Then roast them in a 425°F oven for 20 minutes. That’s it!
Sometimes I sprinkle the tomatoes with a little bit of Parmesan cheese prior to baking them, or with crumbled feta after I pull them out of the oven. Both variations are nice but purely optional.
How to serve roasted cherry tomatoes?
They make a wonderful side dish. They go well with meat, poultry, and fish.
They are also surprisingly good when served for brunch. I like to serve them with eggs and oven bacon for a delicious, complete meal.
Is this recipe healthy?
What about leftovers?
Leftovers of these roasted cherry tomatoes keep quite well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days.
You can gently reheat them, covered, in the microwave. Or you can serve them cold like you would serve antipasti.
More tomato recipes that you might enjoy
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Roasted Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place the tomatoes in a greased baking dish. Add the garlic and mix.
- Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar and sprinkle with kosher salt, black pepper and thyme. Stir to coat.
- Roast until the tomatoes are soft and beginning to burst, about 20 minutes. Divide the tomatoes among plates and drizzle with the cooking juices. Serve immediately.