Crispy keto skillet pizza is ready fast and is very easy to make. It’s the perfect low carb snack! Or pair it with vegetables for lunch or even dinner.
As it turns out, one can pan-fry pizza. You simply add cheese and toppings to your skillet and cook until the cheese crisps up. Then you cut the pizza into wedges. 🍕
This keto skillet pizza is wonderfully crispy and so very tasty! It’s the easiest low carb pizza recipe I have in my repertoire, and I love that it’s ready so fast.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty snack. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
Shredded cheese: I usually use an Italian cheese mix. Mozzarella works too.
Spices: Garlic powder, dried oregano, and red pepper flakes. Spices are delicious and healthy, but make sure they are fresh. A stale spice can easily ruin a dish!
Toppings: Red onion, sliced olives, and pepperoni. If you’d rather avoid processed meats, simply omit the pepperoni.
How to make a keto skillet pizza
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
Evenly sprinkle the cheese in a 10-inch nonstick skillet in a thin layer. Place on a burner and heat over medium heat.
When the cheese starts to melt, sprinkle it with the garlic powder, oregano, and red pepper flakes. Then top with the onions, olives, and pepperoni.
Continue cooking the pizza over medium heat until the bottom and edges are browned, 8-10 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the heat. Allow the pizza to crisp up a bit, about 30 seconds, then use a spatula and carefully slide it onto a cutting board.
Immediately cut the skillet pizza into 8 wedges. Don’t wait – the pizza will continue to crisp as it cools, so if you wait too long it will be impossible to cut.
How to top keto skillet pizza
The cheese and toppings are up to you. Today I used a shredded Italian cheese blend, but I often use mozzarella. For the toppings, I used pepperoni, red onions, and black olives.
Again, use what you like. Just don’t add too many toppings. If you do, the ultra-thin cheese crust will have a hard time supporting them.
Don’t let it cool before you cut it!
It’s important to cut the pizza into wedges before it cools completely, because it really crisps as it cools and then it becomes impossible to slice.
How to serve it?
You can serve it on its own as a tasty snack. Sometimes I make it into a full dinner by serving a simple green salad on the side. This tomato salad is another tasty option.
Other keto pizza recipes that you might enjoy
If you prefer a recipe that better resembles a “real” pizza – i.e. it has a doughy crust and is then topped by melted cheese, you should definitely try this coconut flour pizza crust. It’s phenomenal.
And if you’d like to sneak a vegetable into your pizza, I highly recommend this crispy and tasty cauliflower pizza crust.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Skillet Pizza
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese mix (3 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives
- 1 oz pepperoni, thin slices
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese in a 10-inch nonstick skillet in a thin layer.
- Place on burner and heat over medium heat.
- When the cheese starts to melt, sprinkle with the garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes and top with the onions, olives and pepperoni.
- Continue cooking the pizza over medium heat until the bottom and edges are browned. Total cooking time will depends on your stove, and should be about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. At this point, the pizza will be too soft for you to lift it up from the skillet. Allow it to crisp up a bit, about 30 seconds, then use a spatula and carefully slide it onto a cutting board.
- Immediately cut the skillet pizza into 8 wedges. Don’t wait – the pizza will continue to crisp as it cools, so if you wait too long it will be impossible to cut.
- Briefly place the pizza wedges on paper towels to soak up extra grease, then serve.