Crispy keto skillet pizza is ready fast and is very easy to make. It’s a great low carb snack!
This keto skillet pizza is crispy and so tasty! It’s the easiest low carb pizza recipe I have, and it’s ready super fast.
Can you pan fry pizza?
Yes! To make this keto skillet pizza, simply add cheese and toppings to your skillet and cook until the cheese crisps up. Then cut the pizza into wedges.
What toppings to use?
The cheese and toppings are up to you. Today I used a shredded Italian cheese blend, but I often use mozzarella. For the toppings, I used pepperoni, red onions and black olives. Again, use what you like. Just don’t add too many toppings. If you do, the ultra thin cheese crust will have a hard time supporting them.
Don’t let it cool before you cut it!
It’s important to cut this keto skillet pizza into wedges before it cools completely, because it really crisps as it cools and then it becomes impossible to slice.
But is this a healthy recipe?
It’s keto, so if you’re on the keto diet, then it answers your specific dietary needs. For those who are not on a ketogenic diet, the most common objections to this keto skillet pizza recipe are the cheese, and the pepperoni. Allow me to address these concerns.
Cheese is fine. We’ve heard for years that full fat dairy is harmful. But recent research shows that not only is it not bad for us, but it might even be anti inflammatory.
As for the pepperoni, I agree that processed meats are not the best choice. Fresh meat is much better. Although research that shows a link between consumption of processed meat and various illnesses is quite flawed.
In any event, you can certainly skip the pepperoni and simply top your keto skillet pizza with vegetables. Alternatively, you can decide that you are okay with the occasional consumption of a small amount of processed meat. It’s totally your call.
Other keto pizza recipes you might enjoy
If you prefer a keto pizza that better resembles a “real” pizza – i.e. it has a doughy crust and is then topped by melted cheese, try this coconut flour pizza crust. It’s phenomenal. And if you’d like to sneak a vegetable into your pizza, you should definitely go with this crispy, tasty cauliflower pizza crust.
Keto Skillet Pizza
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese mix (3 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives
- 1 oz pepperoni, thin slices
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese in a 10-inch nonstick skillet in a thin layer.
- Place on burner and heat over medium heat.
- When the cheese starts to melt, sprinkle with the garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes and top with the onions, olives and pepperoni.
- Continue cooking the pizza over medium heat until the bottom and edges are browned. Total cooking time will depends on your stove, and should be about 8-10 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the heat. At this point, the pizza will be too soft for you to lift it up from the skillet. Allow it to crisp up a bit, about 30 seconds, then use a spatula and carefully slide it onto a cutting board.
- Immediately cut the skillet pizza into 8 wedges. Don’t wait – the pizza will continue to crisp as it cools, so if you wait too long it will be impossible to cut.
- Briefly place the pizza wedges on paper towels to soak up extra grease, then serve.