Crispy, delicious baked zucchini fries elevate the zucchini from a mere healthy vegetable into a super flavorful, totally addictive snack. Plus, they’re keto, paleo and gluten free!
These baked zucchini fries are so good. They are keto, paleo and gluten free – I don’t use bread crumbs in the coating, opting for almond flour instead.
I love zucchini. I love it when it’s in season, young and firm and almost sweet. But I’m often tempted to buy zucchini when not in season, knowing full well that it will be less flavorful, more watery and just not as good.
Whether in season or not, these baked zucchini fries are fabulous. They are crispy and so very flavorful. The high heat baking removes excess water and any bitterness from the zucchini, the almond flour coating adds a delightful crunch, and the olive oil and spices add tons of flavor.
I have many other wonderful zucchini recipes, such as this cheesy zucchini casserole, flavorful zucchini lasagna and tasty zucchini pizza. But these baked zucchini fries are hands down my best zucchini recipe.
Not everyone in my family shares my love of zucchini, but even my toughest reviewer, the Picky Eater, loves these baked zucchini fries.
Baked Zucchini Fries
- Olive oil spray
- 2 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup almond flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 6 medium firm zucchinis, unpeeled, ends removed (1 lb.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper and spray them with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, paprika and cayenne.
- Cut the zucchinis in half lengthwise, then cut into 1/4-inch-thick fries. Pat dry using paper towels.
- Place the zucchini fries in the bowl with the beaten egg whites to coat.
- Transfer the fries to the bowl with the almond meal mixture. Toss to coat. The almond meal will form into clusters - that’s OK, just make sure it adheres to the fries.
- Arrange the coated zucchini fries in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets, not touching each other. Lightly spray them with olive oil spray.
- Bake 15 minutes. Remove the baking sheets from the oven. Carefully turn the fries. Spray again, return to the oven, rotating the cookie sheets, and bake 15 more minutes, until browned and crispy.