Baked zucchini chips are low carb and keto. There are no breadcrumbs in this recipe – I coat the zucchini chips with Parmesan and they come out crispy and delicious.
These crispy, delicious baked zucchini chips are seasoned with garlic and Parmesan. I keep them low carb and keto by avoiding breadcrumbs and using just Parmesan to coat them.
Salting the zucchini chips before baking them is an annoying extra step, but it removes water from the zucchini, which helps achieve crispiness, so it’s definitely worth doing.
I usually serve these baked zucchini chips as a side dish, but sometimes my kids ask me to make them as a snack. I am very happy to oblige! I wish all their snacks were this healthy. They either eat them on their own, or dip them in unsweetened ketchup.
Leftovers keep okay in the fridge for 2-3 days, but they do lose their crispiness. You can get some of the crispiness back by baking them in a 350F oven for 10 minutes.
Another wonderful zucchini recipe that I make often is this recipe for baked zucchini fritters. It requires more work than this recipe, but it’s excellent.
Baked Zucchini Chips
- Olive oil spray
- 2 medium zucchini, about 1 lb. total weight
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt for salting the zucchini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and coat it with olive oil spray.
- Slice the zucchini into 1/8-inch-thick rounds. Arrange the slices on a platter or a tray and sprinkle with kosher salt. Place the salted zucchini in a colander and let stand 30 minutes at room temperature. This should draw water out of the zucchini. After 30 minutes rinse, then dry the zucchini slices using paper towels.
- Transfer the dried zucchini slices to a bowl and toss with the olive oil. Place in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven. Turn each slice to the other side. Lightly spray with olive oil and sprinkle with the garlic powder, salt, pepper and Parmesan.
- Return to the oven, rotating the baking sheet, and continue baking until the zucchini slices are browned and crisp, about 15 more minutes. Use a spatula to transfer to individual plates and serve.