Tasty carrot chips are baked in a hot oven until crispy. Wonderful all by themselves, or dipped in a sour cream dip.
These carrot chips are so good! Roasting thinly sliced carrots in olive oil elevates them from a fairly boring veggie into a super tasty snack.
I’m lazy, so I use pre-sliced, store-bought sliced carrot when making carrot chips. Obviously you could simply slice the carrots yourself. The advantage to slicing them yourself is that you can slice them thinner.
Serve these tasty oven baked carrot chips as a side dish, or as a healthy snack. I like dipping them in a homemade spicy sour cream dip – simply mix 1/2 cup sour cream with 1 teaspoon hot sauce and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder.
If you have leftovers, they keep OK in the fridge for 3-4 days, but as one might expect, they’re not as good as when served fresh out of the oven.
- 1 lb. thinly sliced carrots, 1/4-inch thick
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the carrot slices on paper towels to remove excess water. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Spread the carrot slices in one layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, shaking the pan midway through baking, until browned and crispy. If the carrots are not evenly sliced and some slices are still not crispy, remove the crispy ones to a plate and continue baking for 5-10 minutes longer, to crisp up the thicker slices. Watch them closely to make sure they don’t burn.