A super easy recipe for baked Parmesan shrimp. Shrimp are coated in Parmesan and garlic, then briefly baked in a hot oven into succulent perfection.
These baked Parmesan shrimp are amazing. The combination of garlic and Parmesan is delicious, and – just as important – this is such an easy recipe.
How do you make parmesan crusted shrimp?
Scroll down to the recipe card below for the full instructions. But basically I dip the shrimp in melted butter, roll them in seasoned parmesan, and bake. That’s it!
Some baked Parmesan shrimp recipes call for the addition of flour, but I find that it’s completely unnecessary. The Parmesan coating adheres to the shrimp just fine, and comes out crispy and delicious. So there’s no need for starch!
Shrimp are easy to make, and very healthy
I often make these baked Parmesan shrimp on weeknights, because they are so easy to make. I always have frozen shrimp in the freezer, and they’re easy to thaw (10 minutes in a bowl filled with lukewarm water, replacing the water once or twice), so this is something that I can decide to make at the very last minute.
How to serve baked parmesan shrimp?
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftover parmesan shrimp in the fridge, in a sealed container, for up to 3 days. Reheat them very gently, in the microwave, on 50% power.
Baked Parmesan Shrimp
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 24 oz jumbo shrimp, 21-25 per lb., peeled and deveined, patted dry
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Avocado oil cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the butter in a shallow microwave safe bowl. Melt in in the microwave, in 30-second increments.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the Parmesan, black pepper and garlic powder. Divide the mixture into two separate shallow bowls – this will ensure the Parmesan stays as dry as possible, making it easier to coat the shrimp.
- Dip each shrimp in the melted butter to coat, then roll in the Parmesan mixture.
- Arrange the coated shrimp in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle them with paprika and spray with avocado oil.
- Bake the Parmesan shrimp until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Serve immediately.