I love my sautéed spinach – it’s very flavorful – but my kids actually prefer this simple preparation of gently steaming the spinach, then buttering it.
My kids used to really dislike spinach, until they realized how delicious it is when smothered with butter! Another spinach recipe that they enjoy is this delicious creamed spinach.
- 1 lb. pre-washed spinach leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Place the spinach leaves in a very large, deep skillet. Add 2 tablespoons of water.
- Cover (ideally with a clear lid so you can peek) and turn heat to medium-high. When the spinach starts to steam, turn heat to medium, and keep steaming until leaves are just wilted, about 5 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked spinach to a colander. Press on the spinach with the back of a large serving spoon to extract as much liquid as you can.
- Transfer the steamed spinach to a plate, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and drizzle with melted butter.