Lemon garlic shrimp – a simple, wonderful preparation of shrimp that highlights their sweet, delicate flavor. Ready fast, it’s the perfect weeknight dinner!
I love these lemon garlic shrimp. It’s the simplest recipe – shrimp, butter, garlic and lemon juice – and it’s ready super fast.
Lemon garlic shrimp is a simple, wonderful preparation of shrimp that highlights their sweet, delicate flavor.
If you don’t mind carbs/gluten, the obvious choice is to serve lemon garlic shrimp over rice or pasta, or with thick slices of crusty bread to soak up the buttery sauce. I usually serve this saucy dish over cauliflower rice. Another low carb option is to serve garlic shrimp on a bed of shirataki noodles.
I love shrimp and always have packages of raw shrimp in the freezer. Just 5 minutes in a bowl of cold water and they defrost. It’s the ultimate weeknight dinner! The packages I have contain 14 oz shrimp, so that’s how I wrote the recipe, but if you have a full pound of shrimp, the recipe will work just fine with that.
I like to use large, tail-on shrimp in this recipe, simply because they are so pretty. But you can use tail-off shrimp, and you can also use smaller shrimp. Smaller shrimp will be ready faster – they will likely need only 4 minutes of cooking.
Lemon Garlic Shrimp
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt (not table salt)
- 14 oz large shrimp, 21-25 count per pound, peeled and deveined
- 1 medium lemon, juiced and zested
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic, cayenne, salt and shrimp and cook, tossing occasionally, until shrimp are pink and opaque, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Toss with the lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley and black pepper. Serve immediately, spooning the shrimp and sauce over cauliflower rice.