Classic hollandaise requires some elbow grease. I was grateful to find this easy blender hollandaise sauce recipe that literally takes just five minutes.
I am so grateful for this easy blender hollandaise sauce recipe! Hollandaise sauce is a delicacy. Its creamy texture and delicate flavor are just wonderful. It’s perfect with fish, delicious over vegetables such as steamed asparagus. And it goes wonderfully with eggs – eggs benedict is a classic recipe. Believe it or not, it’s also very good when simply spooned over hard-boiled eggs.
How to make blender hollandaise sauce
The classic hollandaise sauce recipe requires some elbow grease, which frankly I don’t have the patience for. So I was grateful to find this easy blender recipe that literally takes just five minutes to make. You will need an immersion blender for this recipe. I got mine on Amazon for around $40 – this is the one I have, and I like it. No complaints so far.
Hollandaise sauce is perfect for the keto diet
When you start eating low carb, you give up on sugar (although you can still eat wonderful low carb and healthy desserts!). But you need not give up on fats. In fact, for many on the keto diet, fat replaces sugar when it comes to their number one indulgence.
So if you’re on the keto diet, the good news is that hollandaise sauce is naturally low in carbs and high in fats. Which means that this is one highly pleasurable food that you can enjoy. And luckily, since current research says that butter is harmless, even those not on the keto diet can enjoy this tasty sauce.
Can you make blender hollandaise sauce ahead of time?
Hollandaise sauce cannot be refrigerated and reheated, so only make as much as you plan on using right away. I never had any trouble whatsoever polishing it off. 🙂
Easy Hollandaise Sauce
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Pinch cayenne pepper
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Add the egg yolk, water, lemon juice, kosher salt and cayenne pepper into a cup that just fits the head of an immersion blender. I used a 16-oz coffee mug.
- Cube the butter, and place it in a glass measuring cup. Melt the butter in the microwave, in 30-second increments.
- Place your immersion blender into the bottom of the cup and turn it on. With the blender running, very slowly pour the melted butter into the cup. The butter will emulsify with the egg yolk and lemon juice, resulting in a thick, creamy sauce.
- Transfer the hollandaise sauce to a serving dish.
- Serve immediately. Hollandaise sauce cannot be cooled and reheated, but it will keep for up to one hour at warm room temperature.