Delicious raspberry chocolate cups make a beautiful and healthy dessert. The contrast between the tart juicy fruit and the sweet, creamy chocolate is wonderful!
These raspberry chocolate cups are amazing. You will love experiencing the contrast between the slightly tart juiciness of the fruit and the creamy sweetness of the chocolate!
Plus, they are so very pretty. I love serving them when we have people over. Everyone raves about them!
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty dessert. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Fresh raspberries
- Dark chocolate
- Coconut oil
How do you make raspberry chocolate cups?
It’s so easy. Scroll down to the recipe card for the details. The basic steps:
- You simply melt some chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate into paper liners.
- Then you add the raspberries on top.
- Refrigerate until set. That’s it!
What chocolate to use?
I make this dessert with very dark chocolate, to keep it low carb.
If 90% cacao chocolate is too bitter for you, try using 70% cacao chocolate. Or add a small amount (2 tablespoons) of a granulated low carb sweetener to the dark chocolate.
Can I use frozen raspberries?
I don’t recommend using frozen raspberries in this recipe. It’s best to use fresh raspberries. I suspect that mushy frozen raspberries just won’t be the same.
Is this a make-ahead recipe?
You can make these cups a few hours in advance, but it’s best to make them on the same day you plan on serving them.
So make them in the morning, then refrigerate until it’s time to serve them.
But do take them out of the fridge an hour before serving them. Chocolate isn’t very good when it’s cold.
Are raspberry chocolate cups healthy?
I think they’re very healthy, especially for a sweet treat. Dark chocolate has several health benefits, and so do raspberries. It’s truly a guilt-free dessert! Needless to say, the darker the chocolate you use, the healthier it will be.
However, some experts think that coconut oil is unhealthy. If you agree with them, you could use avocado oil instead.
More chocolatey desserts you might enjoy
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Raspberry Chocolate Cups
- 1 (6 oz container) fresh raspberries
- 1 (3.5 oz) extra dark chocolate bar (I use Lindt 90% cacao)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Wash the raspberries and place on a clean towel to dry.
- Line four muffin cups with paper liners.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place the pieces in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Add the coconut oil.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave: run the microwave in 30-second increments, stirring the chocolate in between. Finish when most of the chocolate is melted. Stir until smooth and fully melted.
- If adding a sweetener, stir it in now.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the four paper liners, dividing it evenly. Divide the raspberries between the liners, placing 2-3 into the melted chocolate, and 4-5 more on top. Refrigerate 1 hour prior to serving.