Crunchy and salty-sweet, honey roasted nuts are made with just a touch of honey and flavored with smoked paprika and sea salt.
Crunchy, fragrant and flavorful, honey roasted nuts make a wonderful and good-for-you snack.
They also make a great homemade hostess gift 🎁this holiday season. Well. that’s assuming you’ll resist the temptation to polish them off by yourself! Speaking from experience here. 😳
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty snack. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
Unsalted butter: I’m partial to creamy European butter, but any butter will work.
Honey: I like to use the real thing, but you can try a sugar-free alternative.
Mixed nuts: They should be raw and unsalted.
Smoked paprika: Not regular paprika. The idea is to add a subtle smoky flavor to the nuts.
Sea salt: Kosher salt works too, but not ultra-fine table salt.
What nuts to use?
I like to use hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, and shelled pistachios. But you can use anything you like. Cashews or walnut halves would also be excellent. Pretty much all nuts are tasty and nutritious, so use what you like!
How to make honey roasted nuts
The recipe card below provides the full details. Here are the basic steps:
Coat the nuts with melted butter, honey, and smoked paprika (yes! the smoked paprika adds wonderful smoky flavor).
Then roast them until golden. Roasting at 300 degrees F ensures that the nuts roast slowly and evenly and don’t burn. I tried to roast them in a 350F oven, and the results weren’t as good.
I roast them for about 30 minutes and stir them twice during that time, to ensure even roasting.
When they’re done, I spread them on a tray lined with wax paper, sprinkle them with sea salt, and allow them to cool.
How to store honey-roasted nuts
You can keep them in an airtight container at room temperature for 5 days. They do lose some of their crunch after the first day, although they are still delicious. Reheat them in a 300F oven for 10 minutes to restore that crunch.
More recipes that you might like
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Honey Roasted Nuts
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- 8 oz mixed nuts, raw and unsalted (I used 2 oz each of hazelnuts, almonds, pecans, and shelled pistachios)
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika (not regular paprika)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Place the butter and honey in a glass baking dish. Heat in the oven until melted, about 2 minutes.
- Add the nuts and the smoked paprika. Toss to coat.
- Roast the nuts until golden, about 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove the nuts from the pan and spread them evenly on wax paper or parchment paper. Sprinkle with the salt. Allow to cool and crisp up, about 20 minutes. Store in an airtight container, at room temperature.