Creamy and delicious, these keto no-bake cheesecake bites are a fun alternative to going through the trouble of baking a cheesecake.
I adore these keto cheesecake balls. They’re so tasty! Plus, they are ridiculously easy to make. And they satisfy that craving for something small, sweet and delicious. (Cheesecake mousse is another tasty no-bake dessert for cheesecake lovers).
Cheesecake is perfect for keto!
If I had to pick my favorite dessert, it would probably be cheesecake. I love chocolate as much as anyone, but there’s something so creamy and delicate about cheesecake! I find it irresistible. (A wonderful recipe that combines cream cheese and chocolate is this easy recipe for mini chocolate cheesecakes.)
The good news: it’s very easy to adjust cheesecake and make it keto friendly. There’s no need to convert white flour to a low carb flour! The base – cream cheese – is already low carb. All you need to do is replace the sweetener with a low carb sweetener.
An easy alternative to baking a cheesecake
Creamy and delicious, these keto cheesecake balls are a super fun alternative to going through the trouble of baking a keto cheesecake. Everyone loves them – kids and grownups.
But are these keto cheesecake balls healthy?
It depends. They are low carb, so if you need to limit your carbs, they’re better for you than high sugar cheesecake or cheesecake balls. But much like keto fat bombs, I wouldn’t want them to replace more nutritious foods in your diet. Although low in carbs, they do not provide much nutrition.
Having said that, if you’re going to have a dessert, then as far as desserts go, I think this is a good solid option and a big improvement over high sugar desserts, which are definitely unhealthy.
How to store these keto cheesecake balls
They keep well in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 4-5 days. Just make sure you remove them from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
Keto Cheesecake Balls
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia glycerite (equals 2 tablespoons sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup almond flour (1 oz)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- In a medium bowl, using an electric hand mixer, whisk the cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla until smooth.
- Place the mixture in the freezer for 30 minutes to harden. You want the mixture hard enough that you can work with it like it was dough.
- With clean hands, pinch a generous tablespoon of mixture per cheesecake ball. Roll the mixture in your hands to shape into a ball.
- Place the toppings in shallow bowls. Roll the cheesecake balls in the toppings. You’ll only use about 2 tablespoons of each topping, but you need more to properly dredge the cheesecake balls.
- Place the keto cheesecake balls in an airtight container and refrigerate for 30 minutes, to allow them to set.
- Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container. Remove from fridge 15 minutes before serving.