Combining two superfoods – dark chocolate and blueberries – these healthy chocolate covered blueberries are a dessert you can feel good about eating.
Look how pretty these chocolate covered blueberries are!
I make them with fresh blueberries and with dark (70% cacao) chocolate. You can use even darker chocolate if you’d like. I’ve gone up to 90% cacao, adding a bit of honey (or stevia).
It’s such an easy recipe. Melt the chocolate in the microwave, add the blueberries, then refrigerate. That’s it! You’ve got yourself a truly healthy, antioxidant rich homemade dessert. (Another good one are these super unique and tasty chocolate mint leaves).
These chocolate covered blueberries keep in the fridge for about 5 days. Once refrigerated, it’s important to take them out of the fridge about an hour before you plan on eating them. I’m sure you already know that chocolate is never very good when refrigerated. It needs to be at room temperature.
By the way, I also like to make the same recipe with raspberries. These raspberry chocolate cups are wonderful. And while blueberries are a bit better nutritionally speaking, one must admit that the raspberries are simply gorgeous!
Chocolate Covered Blueberries
- 4 oz fresh blueberries
- 3.5 oz dark chocolate, 70% cocoa (I used Lindt)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Wash the blueberries and place on a clean towel to dry.
- Line four muffin tin cups with paper liners.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place the pieces in a microwave-safe glass measuring cup. Add the coconut oil.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave: run the microwave in 30 second increments, stirring the chocolate in-between and rotating the measuring cup. Finish when most of the chocolate is melted (mine took 1 minutes). Stir until smooth and fully melted.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the paper liners, dividing it evenly. Divide the blueberries between the liners, allowing some to sink into the chocolate and some to remain on top.
- Refrigerate 1 hour prior to serving.