An interesting way to cook pork tenderloin is to make this aromatic, hearty pork stew. It’s very flavorful, and super easy to make. Serve it in soup bowls, or atop rice or cauliflower rice.
Servings: 6 servings
Calories: 376 kcal
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lb. pork tenderloin, cubed into 1-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 dried bay leaves
- In a large, heavy saucepan, add the oil. Heat over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add the pork cubes. Cook until browned, about 2 minutes on each side.
- Add the garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, 30 seconds.
- Add the wine and use it to deglaze the pan - scrape the bottom of the pan with a heat-resistant spatula to loosen any tasty bits stuck to the bottom.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil, lower heat to medium, and simmer, uncovered, for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, just until pork is cooked through. Remove the bay leaves and serve.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 376 Calories from Fat 153
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17g 26%
Saturated Fat 4g 20%
Sodium 483mg 20%
Total Carbohydrates 5g 2%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Protein 44g 88%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.