Roasting thinly sliced carrots in olive oil elevates them from a fairly boring veggie into a tasty snack. I’m lazy, so I use pre-sliced, store-bought carrot chips. Obviously you could simply slice them yourself. Serve as a side dish, or as a super healthy snack.
- 1 lb. thinly sliced carrots (1/4-inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread the carrot slices on paper towels to remove excess water. Transfer to a large bowl and toss with the olive oil, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Spread the carrot slices in one layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake 30 minutes, shaking the pan midway through baking, until browned and crisp. If the carrots are not evenly sliced and some slices are still not crisp, remove the crisp ones to a plate and continue baking for 5-10 minutes longer, to crisp up the thicker slices. Watch them closely to make sure they don’t burn.