Roasting okra in olive oil is the simplest way to make it, and just as delicious as more elaborate methods. Roasting in a hot oven also helps to get rid of the typical okra sliminess.
- 1 pound (450 grams) fresh okra (350 grams after trimming)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil. Rinse okra and drain on a clean kitchen towel.
- Trim the ends. Place in a large bowl and toss with the olive oil and salt.
- Transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Roast 15-20 minutes, shaking the pan every five minutes, until lightly browned and tender.
- Remove from oven. Season with freshly ground pepper. Serve immediately.