In this delicious bacon-wrapped chicken breast recipe, the bacon adds a delightfully smoky flavor and keeps the dish extra juicy!
You have to make this recipe! It’s amazing! My entire family loves it. The bacon adds so much flavor and juiciness to an otherwise boring piece of meat. It’s a game-changer, for sure.
The first time I made this bacon-wrapped chicken breast recipe, my entire family immediately declared it “blog-worthy,” and the young one inquired when will be the next time I serve it. 😀
Bacon makes chicken breast taste so much better
I’m not usually a fan of boneless skinless chicken breasts. The darling of low-fat diets, I find that they are often bland, too dry and – obviously – not fatty enough.
But when you add bacon, everything becomes even better. 🥓❤️
Bacon-wrapped chicken breast elevates this humble dish into a whole new level. The bacon adds a delightfully smoky flavor and also keeps the chicken extra juicy. The honey-mustard sauce finishes the dish, creating a delicacy out of the simplest of ingredients.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty main dish (the exact amounts are listed in the recipe card below):
Dijon mustard: Dijon is creamier and less vinegary than yellow mustard.
Honey: You can try using a sugar-free syrup if you wish.
Chicken breasts: Try to find fairly small ones to ensure even cooking.
Kosher salt and black pepper: Use less salt if using fine salt, or the dish could end up too salty.
Garlic powder: Make sure it’s fresh. A stale spice can easily ruin a dish.
Bacon: I use thin-cut slices in this recipe. Thick-cut pieces won’t work as well.
How to make bacon-wrapped chicken
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
Sprinkle the chicken pieces with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Wrap them in bacon.
Brush with a mixture of Dijon and honey.
Roast until cooked through, about 20 minutes at 450°F.
Let them rest, then brush with more sauce and serve.
Adjust the recipe to the size of the chicken breasts
This recipe was written for small chicken breasts, 6-7 oz. If you use large breasts, 10-12 oz, use just two of them for 4 people and wrap each of them with 4 strips of bacon.
You will need to bake them for longer – probably 25-30 minutes, so cover them loosely with foil after the first 20 minutes to avoid scorching the bacon.
What to serve with bacon-wrapped chicken breast?
Anything, really. It’s a very versatile dish. It does go nicely with mildly sweet sides, because of the honey-Dijon sauce. So I often serve it with one of the following:
Roasted carrots – they get beautifully caramelized when coated in honey and olive oil and baked in a hot oven.
Microwave sweet potato – by far the easiest way to cook this vegetable, and it comes out perfectly cooked and so very tasty!
Mashed pumpkin – I flavor it with just a little heavy cream and parmesan. It’s creamy and wonderful.
Prefer not to use bacon? Here are a few other ideas
If you’d rather avoid processed meats, here are a few other chicken recipes that elevate chicken breast from “boring” to “tasty”:
Chicken parmesan – my daughter says it’s like eating pizza on chicken breast. I agree! It’s a great flavor combination.
Blackened chicken – the spices add great flavor, as does the cooking method.
Oven chicken kabobs – you can’t go wrong when cubing the chicken, tossing in olive oil and spices, then baking until beautifully golden!
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers of this bacon-wrapped chicken recipe in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days.
Reheat them gently, covered, in the microwave on 50% power. Keep in mind that the bacon will not be as crispy as when freshly cooked.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Bacon-Wrapped Chicken Breast
- Olive oil spray
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey or a low carb alternative
- 4 small boneless skinless chicken breasts (6-7 oz each)
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 8 strips bacon
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with foil and fit it with a roasting rack. Spray the roasting rack with olive oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the mustard and honey. Divide into two portions. Set aside.
- Sprinkle both sides of the chicken breasts with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Wrap each chicken breast with 2 strips of bacon.
- Place the wrapped chicken breasts on the prepared roasting rack. Brush them with half the mustard-honey sauce. Wash the basting brush with warm soapy water and keep the other half of the sauce for brushing the chicken breasts when they finish cooking.
- Bake the chicken breasts for 15-20 minutes, until they reach an internal temperature of 160-165 degrees F and the bacon is browned and crispy.
- Allow the chicken breasts to rest, loosely covered with foil, about 10 minutes, then brush the tops with the remaining sauce and serve.