Healthy egg salad is made with avocado oil mayonnaise, Dijon mustard and chopped scallions. It is delicious, and lovely when piled on slices of crunchy cucumber.
This delicious, healthy egg salad is made with avocado oil mayonnaise – no soybean oil or other frankenfood ingredients.
I’ve made it before with the same amount of sour cream, and that’s also very good.
I also tried making this healthy egg salad with Greek yogurt, and found it to be too tangy and not flavorful enough.
I like to add finely chopped scallions to this healthy egg salad. It adds not just flavor, but also color. If you’d like, you can use the same amount of finely chopped red onion. I’m thinking that chopped cilantro would be nice too… the possibilities are endless.
I serve this healthy egg salad with sliced vegetables – it’s really nice when scooped up with crunchy cucumber slices. Another efficient low carb tool for eating egg salad is plain pork rinds, and yet another option is to serve it on 90 second bread or on a low carb bagel.
One of my family’s favorite weekend lunches is a spread of cut up vegetables, plain pork rinds, and almond flour crackers, all used to scoop up delicacies such as this egg salad, smoked salmon mousse and Greek yogurt dip.
Healthy Egg Salad
- 6 large hard boiled eggs, chilled and peeled
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup finely sliced scallions
- 1/2 teaspoon celtic sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Shred the eggs into a medium bowl, using the largest wholes on a grater.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour to allow flavors to meld.