A very easy and quick recipe for tasty canned salmon salad. I make it often for lunch, and serve it on toasted low carb English muffins.
I make this salmon salad often for lunch. It’s easy and delicious.
I almost always have canned salmon in the pantry and mayonnaise or Greek yogurt in the fridge. The remaining ingredients are very flexible, so use what you have!
I like to add capers and scallions to this canned salmon salad, but you can use lots of other things. I tried and liked chopped olives, chopped cucumber pickles, and diced red onions.
You can substitute Greek yogurt for the mayonnaise, if you’d like. But mayonnaise is tastier and creamier in this canned salmon salad, and I think that avocado oil mayonnaise is OK in terms of health.
But when I’m super lazy, I just eat it out of a bowl with a spoon!
Obviously, you can use the same recipe for tuna salad. But I think salmon tastes better, and it’s probably healthier.
Canned Salmon Salad
- 1 (7.5 oz can) canned salmon
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, green part
- Drain the salmon. Transfer to a small bowl. Flake with a fork.
- Add the black pepper, mayonnaise and Dijon mustard. Mix well.
- Mix in the capers and scallions.
- Serve immediately, or cover and chill to allow flavors to meld.