Keto and paleo healthy tuna salad bursts with flavor from Dijon mustard, hot sauce, garlic and cilantro. Served on 90 second keto bread.
A tasty and healthy tuna salad gets tons of flavor from Dijon mustard, hot sauce, garlic and cilantro.
This delicious healthy tuna salad is keto and paleo. I use avocado oil mayonnaise (Sir Kensington’s brand, available at Whole Foods and Walmart, is wonderful). I believe that avocado oil is far superior to soybean oil. Most commercial mayonnaise products are made with soybean oil.
Since I use water packed tuna in this healthy tuna salad recipe, I add quite a bit of mayo – 3 tablespoons. Otherwise it’s too dry. But oil packed tuna is usually packed in – you guessed it – soybean oil. So it’s best to use water packed tuna.
In the past, before avocado oil mayonnaise became readily available, I used sour cream instead of mayonnaise. That was delicious too (though not paleo obviously).
This healthy tuna salad is also very easy! I make it with just a few readily available ingredients. If you don’t have fresh parsley or cilantro, you can use dried herbs instead – try 1/2 teaspoon. Same goes for garlic – garlic powder is fine.
I usually serve this healthy tuna salad on toasted 90 second bread (as shown in the video), or on a bed of lettuce.
- 1 (5-oz can) tuna in water, no salt added
- 3 tablespoons avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro or parsley
- Drain the tuna well, transfer to a medium bowl and flake with a fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix well.
- To serve, stuff the tuna salad inside a bell pepper or a large tomato, serve in lettuce wraps, or on toasted 90 second bread.