Crispy, golden broccoli bites turn broccoli into a tasty snack. My kids love these healthy keto broccoli tots, and so do I!
I adore these cheesy keto broccoli bites. They are such a fun, tasty way to eat broccoli! Making broccoli into broccoli tots turns the boring green (yet healthy) vegetable into a super tasty snack.
Still, the Picky Eater in our family doesn’t ever eat more than half a cup. Unless the broccoli comes in the form of these keto baked broccoli bites. So I make them often!
How do you make broccoli tots?
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. But this is such an easy recipe. You mix lightly cooked broccoli florets with seasoned eggs, cheddar and almond flour, shape into tots, then bake until golden. I make these broccoli bites with almond flour to keep them gluten-free and low carb, but you can use breadcrumbs if you prefer.
I especially like that these broccoli tots are oven baked rather than fried. Not so much because of health, but simply because baking is so much easier than frying! I avoid frying whenever I possibly can. I find it exhausting.
How to serve keto broccoli tots
When I make these broccoli bites as a side dish, I like to serve them with a main course that I can bake in the same 400-degree oven. So I often serve them with crispy baked chicken thighs or with baked chicken wings.
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers of these broccoli tots in the fridge, in a sealed container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power, or in a 300°F oven.
Keto Broccoli Tots
- Olive oil spray
- 1 (16 oz package) frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup almond flour (4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment (not foil – they stick to foil) and lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a microwave-safe plate and microwave 5 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, to thaw. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper and cayenne. Add the cheddar and the almond flour, then add the thawed and drained broccoli. Use a large spoon to mix everything together.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into 24 patties. Arrange the patties on the prepared baking sheets, making sure they don’t touch each other. Lightly spray the tots with olive oil.
- Bake 15 minutes on each side, until browned. Allow the broccoli tots to cool a couple of minutes, then serve.