Crispy, golden broccoli bites turn broccoli into a tasty snack. My kids love these low carb and keto broccoli bites, and so do I!
I adore these cheesy broccoli bites. They are such a fun, tasty way to eat broccoli!
Still, the Picky Eater in our family doesn’t ever eat more than half a cup. Unless the broccoli comes in the form of these gluten free and low carb baked broccoli bites. I make them with almond flour, but you can use breadcrumbs if you prefer.
I especially like that they are oven baked rather than fried, because baking is so much easier then frying! I avoid frying whenever I possibly can. I find it exhausting.
These healthy broccoli bites are wonderful all on their own. My kids like dipping them in unsweetened ketchup or in sour cream.
Cheesy Broccoli Bites
- Olive oil spray
- 1 (16oz package) frozen chopped broccoli
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese (4 oz)
- 1 cup almond flour (4 oz)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line two baking sheets with parchment (not foil - they stick to foil) and lightly spray with olive oil cooking spray.
- Place the broccoli in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover with a microwave safe plate and microwave 5 minutes, stirring halfway through cooking, to thaw. Drain.
- Meanwhile, in another large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, garlic powder, oregano, black pepper and cayenne. Add the cheddar and the almond flour, then add the thawed and drained broccoli. Use a large spoon to mix everything together.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into 24 patties. Arrange the patties on the prepared baking sheets, making sure they don’t touch each other. Bake 15 minutes on each side, until browned. Allow the broccoli tots to cool a couple of minutes, then serve.