Delicious, crispy-skinned Parmesan chicken wings, baked in a hot oven with a tasty Parmesan crust. They are super juicy inside!
Guys, I’m in love with these Parmesan chicken wings.
A progression of chicken recipes
It all started with chicken breast. Which is pretty much the default for health-conscious folks, right? Boneless skinless chicken breast. Often dry, sometimes you need to choke it down.
Except that I found a way to actually make juicy baked chicken breast! Yay. Still, it’s chicken breast – what can you expect? It’s not a delicacy.
Then I discovered that on a low carb diet, I can actually eat FAT. And that recent research shows that fat, even saturated fat, is likely harmless for most healthy people.
I still didn’t discover parmesan chicken wings back then. But I started making oven baked chicken thighs – how much better are they than chicken breast, RIGHT? Especially when you cook them with the bone in and skin on. Juicy!
Chicken wings are the best part
So I used to think that chicken thighs were my favorite chicken part to eat. I still like them very much. But ever since I made these baked chicken wings, I am obsessed.
I now think that chicken wings have the perfect meat-to-skin ratio. They are so delicious, whether dipped in buffalo sauce or plain.
I’ll share a secret with you: in my recipes, I tell you guys to chop the tip of the chicken wings off. But I don’t do it at home. I bake the whole thing, and the tips come out super crunchy, and you can just eat them, cartilage and all. Seriously, it’s so good.
Parmesan chicken wings are so good!
So tonight I wanted to make things interesting, and thought to myself, these Parmesan crusted chicken tenders are amazing. Why not coat chicken wings with Parmesan?
So I made these baked Parmesan chicken wings, and we LOVED it! The Parmesan adds flavor and lots of crunch. These were some seriously delicious, crispy-skinned chicken wings. And oh so juicy inside!
How to serve parmesan chicken wings
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power.
Parmesan Chicken Wings
- Olive oil spray for pan
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 cup butter
- 24 chicken wing parts, flats and drumettes (about 2 lb.)
- Cooking spray (I use avocado oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and fit it with a rack. Spray the rack with olive oil.
- In a shallow bowl, mix the Parmesan with the black pepper, garlic powder, paprika, oregano and cayenne. Set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, melt the butter.
- Dip each chicken wing part into the melted butter, then dredge in the Parmesan mixture.
- Place the coated chicken wings on the rack. Spray them with oil.
- Bake until cooked through and tops are crisp and browned, about 45 minutes. Check on them after 30-35 minutes. If they darken too fast, lower the heat to 350 degrees F.