Crispy keto skillet pizza is ready fast and is very easy to make. It’s a great low carb snack!
This keto skillet pizza is crispy and so tasty! It’s the easiest low carb pizza recipe I have, and it’s ready super fast.
To make this keto skillet pizza, simply add cheese and toppings to your skillet and cook until the cheese crisps up, then cut into wedges.
The cheese and toppings are up to you. Today I used a shredded Italian cheese blend, but I often use mozzarella. For the toppings, I used pepperoni, red onions and black olives. Again, use what you like. Just don’t add too many toppings or the ultra thin cheese crust will have a hard time supporting them.
It’s important to cut this keto skillet pizza into wedges before it cools completely, because it really crisps as it cools and then it becomes impossible to slice.
If you prefer a keto pizza that better resembles a “real” pizza – i.e. it has a doughy crust and is then topped by melted cheese, try this coconut flour pizza crust. It’s phenomenal.
Watch the video:
Crispy keto skillet pizza is ready fast and is very easy to make. It's a great low carb snack!
- 3/4 cup shredded Italian cheese mix (3 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons sliced olives
- 1 oz pepperoni, thin slices
- Evenly sprinkle the cheese in a 10-inch nonstick skillet in a thin layer.
- Place on burner and heat over medium heat.
When the cheese starts to melt, sprinkle with the garlic powder, oregano and red pepper flakes and top with the onions, olives and pepperoni.
Continue cooking the pizza over medium heat until the bottom and edges are browned. Total cooking time will depends on your stove, and should be about 8-10 minutes.
Remove the skillet from the heat. At this point, the pizza will be too soft for you to lift it up from the skillet. Allow it to crisp up a bit, about 30 seconds, then use a spatula and carefully slide it onto a cutting board.
- Immediately cut the skillet pizza into 8 wedges. Don’t wait – the pizza will continue to crisp as it cools, so if you wait too long it will be impossible to cut.
Briefly place the pizza wedges on paper towels to soak up extra grease, then serve.