Don’t toss those broccoli stalks! They are a delicacy, especially when roasted. You can use two baking sheets and roast the broccoli florets at the same time, though they will likely be ready a few minutes before the stalks.
- ½ lb. peeled, thinly sliced broccoli stalks
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, toss the broccoli stalks with the olive oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Spread on the prepared baking sheet in a single layer.
- Roast until golden-brown, about 10 minutes per side.