These oven roasted cabbage wedges are wonderful. They are crispy and so flavorful. Roasting cabbage is a game changer, convincing even picky eaters that it’s worth a try.
These oven roasted cabbage wedges are a delicacy. It’s difficult to believe that a cheap vegetable like cabbage can taste so good, but the truth is, high heat roasting transforms many vegetables. Roasted Brussels sprouts are a good example.
I happen to like cabbage very much. I think that cabbage is always delicious, even when very simply prepared with butter and garlic.
But roasting cabbage certainly elevates it into a whole new level, turning the humble cabbage into a crisp, tasty, salty-spicy snack.
My Picky Eater, who pretty much despises all vegetables, declared these oven roasted cabbage wedges “amazing” and asked for seconds (I nearly fainted).
Although it’s not exactly a quick recipe – it takes about 50 minutes from start to finish – it is very easy. So that’s a plus too.
Oven Roasted Cabbage Wedges
- 1 large green cabbage (2 lbs before trimming)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and brush it with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Remove the cabbage’s damaged outer leaves. Cut it in half, then into quarters and finally into wedges.
- Place the cabbage wedges in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Brush the tops with the remaining olive oil. Season with salt, garlic powder and red pepper flakes.
- Roast the cabbage wedges until golden brown and fork-tender, 20 minutes per side.