Tasty roasted mini peppers are tossed with olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan, then roasted in a 400°F oven until tender.
These roasted mini peppers are a very popular side dish in our house. Everyone loves them, so I find myself making them quite often. I like that they are tasty, easy to make, and healthy.
I love mini bell peppers. They are delicious raw! You can eat them like you would eat a strawberry, holding the stem and biting into them. They are crunchy, and their flavor is very mild.
But I especially like roasted mini peppers. Roasting highlights and concentrates their flavor, which is perfectly complemented by the olive oil and Parmesan.
How to make roasted mini peppers
I don’t actually roast them! When I started making this recipe, I did roast them (20-30 minutes in a 400 degrees F oven). But these days I usually broil them. I find that it’s much faster, and the result is just as good. See the detailed instructions below in the recipe card.
What side dishes go with roasted mini peppers?
Anything goes, really. It’s such a versatile side dish. But since I cook the peppers in a 400°F oven, I like to serve them with main dishes that I can cook in the same oven. So I often serve them with baked hamburgers, with baked pork chops, or with pork meatballs.
What about leftovers?
Keep leftover roasted mini peppers in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power. They are also excellent when served cold, just like you would serve antipasti.
More tasty pepper recipes
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Roasted Mini Peppers
- 1 pint mini peppers (8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the mini peppers in half lengthwise. I usually leave the stem, I think it’s pretty – but you can cut it off if you wish. The larger mini peppers might have some seeds and membranes – remove those with your fingers or with a paring knife.
- Place the mini peppers in a large bowl. Toss them with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and Parmesan.
- Arrange the seasoned mini peppers in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until tender, 20-30 minutes.
- Serve the roasted mini peppers immediately. Leftovers keep in the fridge for 3-4 days and are excellent heated up in the microwave, or eaten cold as you would antipasti.