Roasted mini sweet peppers are tossed with olive oil, garlic, and Parmesan, then baked in a 400°F oven until tender.
I have quite a few vegetable recipes on this blog. I often skip the starch at dinner and just serve two vegetable sides, so I’m always on the lookout for tasty recipes to vary the veggie rotation.
These roasted mini sweet peppers are a very popular side dish in our house. Everyone loves them, so I find myself making them quite often. I like that they are tasty, easy to make, and they are also good for you.
Mini peppers are great!
I love mini bell peppers. They are delicious raw! You can eat them like you would eat a strawberry, holding the stem and biting into them. They are crunchy, and their flavor is very mild.
But I especially like them baked. Roasting highlights and concentrates their flavor, which is perfectly complemented by the olive oil and Parmesan.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty side dish. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
Mini sweet peppers: I use 1 pint (an 8-oz bag). It’s fun to use different colors.
Olive oil: I love cooking with this delicious oil. But if you’d rather use an oil with a higher smoke point, you can use avocado oil instead.
Kosher salt and black pepper: If using fine salt, you should reduce the amount you use, or the dish could end up too salty.
Spices: Garlic powder and dried oregano.
Grated Parmesan: It’s best to use finely grated cheese and not coarsely shredded.
How to make roasted mini sweet peppers
The detailed instructions are included below in the recipe card below. Here are the basic steps:
Cut the peppers in half lengthwise. Place them in a large bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano, and Parmesan.
Arrange them in a single layer on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake until tender, 20-30 minutes at 400°F.
Alternatively, if your baking dish is broiler-safe, you can broil them for just a few minutes. Keep a close eye on them so that they don’t burn.
What side dishes go with them?
Anything goes, really. It’s such a versatile side dish. But since I cook the peppers in a 400°F oven, I like to serve them with main dishes that I can cook in the same oven. So I often serve them with keto meatballs, with baked hamburgers, with baked pork chops, or with pork meatballs.
What about leftovers?
Keep leftovers in the fridge, in an airtight container, for up to 4 days. Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power. They are also excellent when served cold, just like you would serve antipasti.
More tasty pepper recipes
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Roasted Mini Peppers
- 1 pint mini peppers (8 oz)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Diamond Crystal kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil.
- Cut the mini peppers in half lengthwise. I usually leave the stem, I think it’s pretty – but you can cut it off if you wish. The larger mini peppers might have some seeds and membranes – remove those with your fingers or with a paring knife.
- Place the mini peppers in a large bowl. Toss them with the olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder, oregano and Parmesan.
- Arrange the seasoned mini peppers in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake them until tender, 20-30 minutes. Serve immediately.