This tasty keto sausage breakfast casserole is a complete meal. It’s made with sausage, eggs, and vegetables. It’s delicious and very filling.
This keto sausage breakfast casserole has quickly become one of my favorite dishes to make when I invite friends over for brunch. It is keto, low carb, healthy and delicious. It’s also very easy to make.
Many casseroles are delicious but are not very pretty to look at, but this casserole is actually gorgeous, which is another plus. The spinach and tomatoes make it very colorful.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty recipe. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Olive oil
- Frozen spinach leaves
- Fresh pork sausage
- Cherry tomatoes
- Minced garlic
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Shredded cheese
How to make a keto sausage breakfast casserole
Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. It’s an easy recipe! Here are the bais steps:
- Cook vegetables and sausage meat in olive oil.
- Place them in a baking dish.
- Pour seasoned eggs on top.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until browned. That’s it! Easy and delicious!
Is this a healthy recipe?
I believe it is, especially if you use fresh uncured sausage meat (basically meat and spices).
This casserole is a complete low carb and keto meal. Meat, eggs, cheese, and vegetables in one tasty package.
What to do with leftover sausage breakfast casserole?
Leftovers keep well for 3-4 days in the fridge in a sealed container. They taste great after a gentle reheat in the microwave on 50% power.
Sometimes I make two casseroles, just to make sure I have leftovers! On weeks when I make this casserole, I don’t need to make breakfast egg muffins.
More casserole recipes that you might enjoy
One of my favorite casseroles is this kale casserole. With ground beef and cheese, it’s also a complete meal.
And this tasty cabbage casserole is my own version of my beloved grandma’s stuffed cabbage leaves. It’s not as good as her recipe (none of my recipes come close to hers), but it’s very very good.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Sausage Breakfast Casserole
- 2 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. frozen spinach, whole leaves
- 1 lb. Italian pork sausage (I used the Whole Foods brand)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 8 large eggs
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish with 1 teaspoon olive oil.
- Heat a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat. Add the frozen spinach and cook, stirring often and breaking it up, until it’s defrosted. Allow to slightly cool, then place the spinach in a clean kitchen towel and squeeze out as much liquid as you can.
- Wipe the skillet clean and add a teaspoon of olive oil. Add the sausage and cook, stirring and breaking it up, until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the drained spinach, tomatoes, garlic, 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper to the skillet. Mix everything to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs with the remaining salt and pepper. Pour on top of the sausage mixture. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
- Bake until eggs are set and cheese is browned, about 30 minutes. Allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.