A delicious and filling keto tuna casserole. It has no noodles, but it has lots of flavor! Plus it’s so easy to make – I call it my lazy tuna casserole.
This low carb tuna casserole is so good! It has no noodles, and I promise – you won’t miss them. It’s a lazy keto tuna casserole – minimal chopping necessary. And it’s ready fast, so it’s perfect for weeknight dinners.
What are the ingredients in keto tuna casserole?
This casserole is a delicious, filling, well-seasoned mixture of canned tuna, chopped red onion, mayonnaise, and cheese, baked until golden and bubbly.
You can bulk it up by adding 2 cups of cooked riced cauliflower, increasing the mayonnaise to 1/2 cup, and dividing it into 3 servings. But I usually don’t, because my husband and I like the casserole better without cauliflower.
Is this keto tuna casserole healthy?
I believe it is. It is low carb and gluten free. I use skipjack tuna in this keto tuna casserole, because it’s lower in mercury than other tuna species. And I prefer to use avocado oil mayonnaise, because I believe it’s healthier than mayonnaise based on vegetables oils.
A serving of this low carb tuna casserole has 151% of your daily selenium requirements, 84% of niacin and 71% of B12. It is also a good source of vitamin A, B6, calcium and phosphorus.
What to serve with keto tuna casserole?
This tuna casserole is rich and filling. As you can see in the recipe card below, a serving has 465 calories. So I simply serve it with fresh cut veggies for scooping. It’s also good with a side of microwave broccoli.
What to do with leftovers?
Leftovers keep well in the fridge for 3-4 days or freeze them if you want to keep them for longer. Gently reheat in a 300°F oven, or in the microwave on 50% power.
Low Carb Tuna Casserole
- 2 (5oz) cans tuna in water, drained
- 1/3 cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup shredded gruyere, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ¼ cup chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, mustard, 1/4 cup cheese, onion, salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Transfer the mixture to a small, 1-quart casserole dish. Sprinkle 1/4 cup shredded cheese on top.
- Bake until hot, about 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley and serve immediately, with cut-up veggies.