It’s easy to make keto breakfast sausage patties, and the result is so tasty. This delicious recipe contains no sugar or breadcrumbs.
Why bother with making these keto breakfast sausage patties when you can buy them at the store?
Well, take a look at the ingredients list for Jimmy Dean’s pork sausage: Pork, Water, Corn Syrup, Salt, Spices, Dextrose, Monosodium Glutamate.
There ARE better alternatives (such as the Applegate brand). But it’s so easy to make them at home, and the result is so very tasty. And when you make your own patties, you know exactly what goes into them!
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need a few simple ingredients to make this tasty recipe. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Ground pork
- Salt and pepper
- Spices: thyme, garlic powder, smoked paprika, red pepper flakes, cayenne pepper
- Olive oil for frying
How to make keto breakfast sausage patties
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- You simply mix fresh ground pork meat with lots of spices.
- Shape the mixture into patties.
- Then fry the patties in olive oil. Easy!
Is this a make-ahead recipe?
Yes! You can make these patties in advance, and freeze for quick and easy midweek meals.
Just remember to place parchment paper between the patties so that they don’t stick to each other. So it’s definitely a good idea to double the recipe and freeze the leftovers.
Is this a healthy recipe?
I believe it is. As I said above, homemade breakfast sausage patties are definitely an improvement over commercial sausage. It’s a simple recipe with whole-foods ingredients and no additives or preservatives.
How to serve keto breakfast sausage patties?
One of my favorite breakfasts is two of these tasty patties with fluffy scrambled eggs. It’s a delicious meal that keeps me full for at least five hours.
More sausage recipes that you might like
Another great homemade sausage recipe is this recipe for ground beef breakfast sausage. It’s perfect for anyone who prefers to avoid pork.
And this sausage breakfast casserole is an easy make-ahead recipe, and perfect for brunch.
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1 lb. ground pork, 85% lean
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or olive oil cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, use your hands to mix the pork and the spices. Form into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Heat a nonstick double-burner griddle over medium heat, about 4 minutes. Brush with the olive oil.
- Place the sausages on the griddle. Cook 5 minutes on each side, or until browned and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (to check with a thermometer, insert the thermometer on the side of the patty, pushing it into the middle).