It’s easy to make homemade breakfast sausage patties, and the result is so very tasty. This delicious recipe is keto, paleo, and contains no sugar.
Why bother with making homemade breakfast sausage patties? Well, take a look at the ingredients list for Jimmy Dean’s pork sausage: Pork, Water, Corn Syrup, Salt, Spices, Dextrose, Monosodium Glutamate.
There ARE better alternatives (such as the Applegate brand). But it’s so easy to make homemade breakfast sausage patties, and the result is so very tasty.
You can make these patties in advance, and freeze for quick and easy midweek meals. Just remember to place parchment paper between the patties so that they don’t stick. It’s definitely a good idea to double the recipe and freeze the leftovers.
One of my favorite breakfasts is two of these homemade breakfast sausage patties with fluffy scrambled eggs. It’s a delicious meal that keeps me full for at least five hours.
Another great homemade sausage recipe is this recipe for ground beef breakfast sausage. It’s great for anyone who prefers to avoid pork.
Homemade Breakfast Sausage Patties
- 1 lb. ground pork, 85% lean
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, or olive oil cooking spray
- In a medium bowl, use your hands to mix the pork and the spices. Form into eight 1/2-inch-thick patties.
- Heat a double-burner griddle over medium heat, about 4 minutes. Brush with the olive oil.
- Place the sausages on the griddle. Cook 5 minutes on each side, or until browned and internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F (to check with a thermometer, insert the thermometer on the side of the patty, pushing it into the middle).