A super easy recipe for paleo ground beef breakfast sausage. Mix the beef with the seasonings, spread in a pan, cover and bake, then cut to squares. Tasty!
I love making this paleo ground beef breakfast sausage because it’s so easy. Rather than shape the ground beef into patties and fry, I simply mix the ground beef with the wonderful seasonings, spread it in a pan, cover and bake. When the sausage is done, I cut it into squares and serve.
Leftovers of this ground beef breakfast sausage are great sautéed in a little olive oil. If you don’t mind pork, this recipe also works well with ground pork.
Ground Beef Breakfast Sausage
- 2 lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and use clean hands to combine.
- Spread the mixture in a 9 X 13-inch baking dish, pressing on it to ensure it sticks together and to even it out.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil. Bake the ground beef breakfast sausage until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F, about 45 minutes.
- Using a wide slotted spatula, lift the baked ground beef breakfast sausage from the juices in the pan onto a wire rack that you’ve placed on foil. Allow to cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated, and reheat them in the microwave, or (tastier!) sauté in a skillet with a little olive oil.