A super easy recipe for paleo ground beef breakfast sausage. Mix the beef with the seasonings, spread in a pan, cover and bake, then cut to squares. Tasty!
I love making this paleo ground beef breakfast sausage because it’s so easy. Rather than shape the ground beef into patties and fry, I simply mix the ground beef with the wonderful seasonings, spread it in a pan, cover, and bake. When the sausage is done, I cut it into squares and serve. And if you don’t mind pork, this recipe also works well with ground pork.
Is ground beef breakfast sausage healthy?
I believe it is. Beef is very nutritious, and the many spices used here are healthy. However, while I believe that fresh unprocessed meat is indeed healthy, I do think it’s a good idea to balance it out with fresh vegetables and fruit. So as I mention below, it’s a good idea to serve this dish with some fresh berries, or perhaps with egg stuffed tomatoes.
How to serve ground beef breakfast sausage
I usually serve it with fluffy scrambled eggs, almond flour biscuits, and fresh berries. It’s a wonderful, filling breakfast or brunch that keeps me full for many hours. Sometimes I serve this dish for dinner, and then I serve it with just about any side dish, such as roasted Brussels sprouts, for example.
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers of this ground beef breakfast sausage in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 3-4 days. They are great sautéed in a little olive oil. Or you can reheat them in the microwave on 50% power. I also enjoy them cold for my lunch, with Dijon mustard, fresh cut veggies, and quick pickles or pickled red onions.
More meaty breakfast recipes
These egg sausage muffins are amazing. They are tasty, and fun to eat! They also look really pretty. And this sausage breakfast casserole is the perfect brunch dish. It’s tasty and filling, and leftovers keep well for several days.
Ground Beef Breakfast Sausage
- 2 lb. lean ground beef (85/15)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Place all the ingredients in a medium bowl and use clean hands to combine.
- Spread the mixture in a 9 X 13-inch baking dish, pressing on it to ensure it sticks together and to even it out.
- Cover the pan tightly with foil. Bake the ground beef breakfast sausage until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees F, about 45 minutes.
- Using a wide slotted spatula, lift the baked ground beef breakfast sausage from the juices in the pan onto a wire rack that you’ve placed on foil. Allow to cool 10 minutes, then transfer to a cutting board and use a sharp knife to cut into squares.
- Keep leftovers refrigerated, and reheat them in the microwave, or (tastier!) sauté in a skillet with a little olive oil.