Very flavorful cheese muffins are keto, low carb and gluten-free. They are perfect for breakfast with eggs and avocado, or for dinner with chili.
I really like these low carb, keto cheese muffins. In fact, I like them a little too much. It’s very difficult for me to stop at just one! They are just so incredibly cheesy and flavorful.
The combination of cheese, garlic and cayenne is really good. Almost addictive.
What flour to use in this recipe?
I use almond flour in this recipe. Baking with almond flour is so easy. I love how it produces results that are comparable to whole-wheat baked goods.
Just make sure you use blanched, finely ground almond flour and not coarse almond meal. I usually use Bob’s Red Mill almond flour when I make this recipe.
How to serve keto cheese muffins
I like to have them for breakfast. They’re wonderful on their own with my cup of morning coffee. They are even better with some butter.
Is this a healthy recipe?
And cheese, according to current research, appears to be harmless for healthy people.
What about leftovers?
You can keep leftovers of these keto cheese muffins in the fridge, in an airtight container, for 4-5 days.
Reheat them in the microwave on 50% power, starting with 10 seconds per side. You can also freeze them in freezer bags for up to 3 months.
More keto bread recipes
- Nonstick spray for pan
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup blanched finely ground almond flour (4 oz)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (1.5 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners and spray the liners with nonstick spray (I use avocado oil spray). Or use greased silicone cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the almond flour, then the baking soda, and finally the cheeses. Batter will be thick and dough-like. You can actually work it with your hands, as shown in the video, although it’s quite sticky.
- Using a 4-tablepsoon scoop, divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 22-25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool 5 more minutes before serving.