Very flavorful cheese muffins are keto, low carb and gluten free. They are perfect for breakfast with eggs and avocado, or for dinner with chili.
I really like these low carb, keto cheese muffins. In fact, I like them a little too much. It’s very difficult for me to stop at just one!
These cheese muffins are incredibly flavorful. The combination of cheese, garlic and cayenne is so good.
Baking with almond flour is so easy. I love how it produces results that are comparable to whole wheat baked goods. Just make sure you use blanched, finely ground almond flour and not almond meal. I used Bob’s Red Mill.
I like to have these cheese muffins for breakfast. They’re wonderful on their own with my cup of coffee. They are even better with butter. And they’re great topped with mashed avocado! Yum.
You can keep leftovers in the fridge for 4-5 days. Reheat them in the microwave in 50% power, starting with 10 seconds per side. They can also be successfully frozen.
- Nonstick spray for pan
- 3 large eggs
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup blanched finely ground almond flour (4 oz)
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1.5 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (1.5 oz)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8 muffin cups with paper liners and spray the liners with nonstick spray (I use avocado oil spray). Or use greased silicone cups.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, salt, garlic powder and cayenne.
- Using a rubber spatula, mix in the almond flour, then the baking soda, and finally the cheeses. Batter will be thick and dough-like. You can actually work it with your hands, as shown in the video, although it's quite sticky.
- Using a 4-tablepsoon scoop, divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
- Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 22-25 minutes.
- Cool 5 minutes in the pan, then transfer to a cooling rack to cool 5 more minutes before serving.