Festive, pretty and delicious, these salami egg cups are perfect for a low carb, keto breakfast or brunch.
These salami egg cups make the perfect low carb breakfast!
I really like having eggs for breakfast. Eggs are delicious, healthy and very filling. A breakfast of eggs keeps me happy and full for many hours.
I usually don’t mind simple fried eggs for breakfast. But sometimes you want variety, you know?
Today, I wanted to make pretty, flower-like eggs in a basket, but I wanted to keep them low-carb. So instead of using bread slices as my cup, or basket, I used salami slices.
Festive, pretty and delicious, these salami egg cups are tasty, portable and very filling. They are perfect for breakfast, and you can absolutely serve them to guests for brunch.
I just love finding low carb substitutes to high-carb dishes that are just as good, if not better than the original! These low carb salami egg cups are more flavorful than eggs baked in bread baskets, because salami is so very flavorful. And they are definitely more satiating.
Salami Egg Cups
- Olive oil spray
- 20 uncured salami slices (3 oz. I used Applegate's)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray four 8-ounce ramekins with olive oil spray and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place one salami slice on the bottom of each ramekin, then arrange four more slices around the sides, overlapping.
- Break an egg into the resulting "basket." Season the egg with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until set.
- Gently run a knife around the edges, then release the eggs from the ramekins and serve.