Festive, pretty and delicious, these salami egg cups are perfect for a low carb, keto breakfast or brunch.
These salami egg cups make the perfect low carb and keto breakfast!
Salami egg cups: a keto alternative to eggs in a basket
The first time I made this recipe, I wanted to make pretty, flower-like eggs in a basket, like I used to make in the past:
BUT I wanted to keep them keto and low-carb. So instead of using bread slices as my cup, or basket, I used salami slices. My entire family loved the result, so I’ve been making them often ever since, especially on weekends.
Festive, pretty and delicious, salami egg cups are tasty, portable and very filling. They are perfect for breakfast, and you can absolutely serve them to your guests for brunch.
I just love finding low carb substitutes to high-carb dishes that are just as good, if not better than the original!
This recipe is more flavorful than eggs baked in bread baskets because salami is so very flavorful. And it is definitely more satiating!
But isn’t salami unhealthy?
My own personal choice is to consume processed meats, including salami, in moderation.
More tasty breakfast recipes
Salami Egg Cups
- Olive oil spray
- 20 uncured salami slices (3 oz. I used Applegate’s)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray four 8-ounce ramekins with olive oil spray and place them on a baking sheet.
- Place one salami slice on the bottom of each ramekin, then arrange four more slices around the sides, overlapping.
- Break an egg into the resulting “basket.” Season the egg with salt and pepper.
- Bake about 20 minutes, until set.
- Gently run a knife around the edges, then release the eggs from the ramekins and serve.