An easy recipe for one-minute low carb keto English muffin that you “bake” in your microwave. Once toasted and buttered, it’s quite close to the real thing!
I love this super easy recipe for one minute, low carb keto English muffin. Made in a mug or a ramekin, quickly mixed and microwaved, then toasted, this is as close as a low carber can get to English muffins.
But does it taste like a real English muffin?
No! This is not a true English muffin. It can’t be without gluten and yeast. BUT when toasted and buttered, it certainly hits the spot!
How do you serve low carb English muffin?
I make these muffins mostly for breakfast. They’re great with butter, peanut butter, or a low carb jam.
What size ramekin to use?
I’ve discovered through trial and error that the best size ramekin to use for this low carb English muffin is a 4-inch ramekin, which is quite large. I’ve been using a mini baking dish similar to this one.
What about leftovers?
This low carb English muffin keeps quite well in the fridge for 2-3 days. Not that I often have leftovers! But sometimes I like to make a few the night before, then reheat them in the morning.
So I microwave the muffins, toast them, cool completely, and then store in a Ziploc bag in the fridge. The next morning, I briefly reheat in the microwave and they are perfect.
You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
295 calories per muffin? That’s too much!
Keep in mind that this keto English muffin is big, an VERY filling. So yes, it’s a 300 calorie muffin, but it will keep you full for hours. No need for that mid-morning snack!
Low Carb English Muffin
- Place the butter in a 4-inch ramekin. Melt in the microwave, then allow to slightly cool.
- With a fork, mix in the egg and salt.
- Mix in the almond flour, thoroughly mixing until smooth.
- Finally, mix in the baking powder.
- Microwave for 90 seconds, until puffed and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Invert into a cutting board and allow the bottom to air out for a couple of minutes, it will be very moist. If the bottom sticks to the ramekin and the muffin won’t come out, carefully loosen it with a spoon.
- Cut the muffin crosswise into two slices. Toast in a greased skillet, or in the toaster. Butter generously and enjoy!