An easy recipe for one-minute low carb keto English muffin that you “bake” in your microwave. Once toasted and buttered, it’s quite close to the real thing!
I love this super easy recipe for one minute, low carb keto English muffin. Made in a mug or a ramekin, quickly mixed and microwaved, then toasted, this is as close as a low carber can get to the real thing.
The ingredients you’ll need
You’ll only need five simple ingredients to make this tasty muffin. The exact measurements are included in the recipe card below. Here’s an overview of what you’ll need:
- Unsalted butter
- Kosher salt
- Blanched almond flour (a healthy ingredient!)
- Baking powder
How to make a keto English muffin
It’s so easy! Scroll down to the recipe card for the detailed instructions. Here are the basic steps:
- Melt the butter in the microwave, in a 4-inch ramekin. Allow to slightly cool.
- Mix in the egg and the salt.
- Thoroughly mix in the almond flour, then the baking powder.
- Microwave for 90 seconds, until puffed and set.
- Slice and toast.
But does it taste like the real thing?
No! This is not a true English muffin. It can’t be without gluten and yeast. BUT when toasted and buttered, it certainly hits the spot!
How do you serve low carb keto English muffin?
I make these muffins mostly for breakfast. They’re great with butter, peanut butter, or a low carb jam.
What size ramekin to use?
I’ve discovered through trial and error that the best size ramekin to use in this recipe is a 4-inch ramekin, which is quite large. I’ve been using a mini baking dish similar to this one.
What about leftovers?
Leftovers keep quite well in the fridge for 2-3 days. Not that I often have leftovers! But sometimes I like to make a few the night before, then reheat them in the morning.
So I microwave the muffins, toast them, cool completely, and then store in a Ziploc bag in the fridge. The next morning, I briefly reheat in the microwave and they are perfect.
You can also freeze them for up to 3 months.
295 calories per muffin? That’s too much!
Keep in mind that this low carb keto English muffin is big and VERY filling. So yes, it’s a 300 calorie muffin, but it will keep you full for hours. No need for that mid-morning snack!
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Keto English Muffin
- Place the butter in a 4-inch ramekin. Melt in the microwave, then allow to slightly cool.
- With a fork, mix in the egg and salt.
- Mix in the almond flour, thoroughly mixing until smooth.
- Finally, mix in the baking powder.
- Microwave for 90 seconds, until puffed and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Invert into a cutting board and allow the bottom to air out for a couple of minutes, it will be very moist. If the bottom sticks to the ramekin and the muffin won’t come out, carefully loosen it with a spoon.
- Cut the muffin crosswise into two slices. Toast in a greased skillet, or in the toaster. Butter generously and enjoy!