Flavorful and healthy turkey hash makes a wonderful breakfast the day after Thanksgiving. For a low carb option, use cauliflower instead of potatoes.
This well-seasoned, flavorful and healthy turkey hash is one of my favorite ways to use up leftover turkey after Thanksgiving.
I use potatoes in this turkey hash. But to lower the carb count, you can certainly replace the potatoes with cauliflower. Nutrition info for both options is provided below. You can also use sweet potatoes instead of white potatoes.
Like all hash recipes, turkey hash is a flexible, forgiving recipe that lets you use whatever leftovers and ingredients you happen to have on hand. So feel free to experiment!
I love Thanksgiving. But just as much as I love the holiday itself, I love the week that follows, when I get to be creative about using up the leftovers!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 lb. red potatoes, diced (or diced cauliflower florets for a low carb option)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 cup cooked turkey, diced (5 oz)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, about 2 minutes.
- Add the onions, peppers, potatoes (or cauliflower) and 1 teaspoon kosher salt.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender and golden-brown, 5-7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, paprika and cumin. Cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the turkey and cook, stirring occasionally, until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush with 1 teaspoon olive oil. Add the eggs and fry 3-5 minutes, or until they are as done as you want them.
- Divide the turkey hash and the eggs between plates. Season both with black pepper, and season the eggs with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of kosher salt. Serve immediately.
Calories 235; fat 13g; saturated fat 3g; carbs 10g; sugars 5g; sodium 459mg; fiber 3g; protein 19g.