Ham and egg cups are perfect as a keto breakfast. They are also great as a quick, portable snack – heated up or even cold.
Ham and egg cups are cute little quiches that are just perfect as a filling, keto and paleo breakfast. It’s good to always have a few of these in the fridge. They remove the temptation of eating something starchy for breakfast or grabbing the wrong type of snack.
The ingredients needed to make this recipe
You’ll only need a few ingredients to make this tasty, portable keto breakfast (the exact measurements are listed in the recipe card below):
- Deli ham: Thinly sliced. If you’re not a fan of processed meats, try these egg muffins instead.
- Eggs: I use large eggs in most of my recipes.
- Salt and pepper: I use kosher salt. If you use fine salt instead, you might want to reduce the amount you use.
- Garlic powder: Make sure it’s fresh. A stale spice can easily ruin a dish! Speaking from experience. 🙁
- Fillings: I like to use tomatoes, olives, and cilantro. But you can use whatever you like and have on hand, that’s the entire point.
How to make ham and egg cups
Scroll down to the recipe card for the details. It’s a very easy recipe! Here are the basic steps:
- Prepare the ham cups. Line muffin cups with ham slices.
- Stuff ’em. Fill the “cups” with eggs, then add chopped vegetables if you wish.
- Bake. Now bake the cups until the eggs are set, about 20 minutes at 400°F.
The big advantage of using ham slices as a “crust” is not just the added flavor and lower carbs, but also the reduced risk of sticking to the muffin tin compared with standard breakfast egg muffins.
How to serve them
Since I serve them for breakfast, I usually serve these tasty cups with a keto biscuit slathered with butter and with sliced tomato. For a snack, I just grab one or two and have at it. 🙂
Is this a make-ahead recipe?
Absolutely! You can make a dozen of these ham and egg cups – this recipe scales easily – and refrigerate. They keep well in the fridge, in a sealed container, for up to 5 days. They’re delicious gently reheated in the microwave, or even cold. They also make a great portable snack!
More tasty egg-based recipes
Never miss a recipe!
I typically publish a new healthy recipe once or twice per week. Want the new recipes in your inbox? Subscribe!
Ham and Egg Cups
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for pan
- 4 slices deli ham, about 2 oz. (I used Applegate)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons of filling (I used chopped tomatoes, olives and cilantro)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush four muffin cups with olive oil and line them each with a ham slice.
- In a Pyrex measuring cup, whisk the eggs, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the eggs evenly into the lined muffin cups. Add your filling, dividing it evenly among the cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until eggs are set and puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan, then transfer to a plate and allow to cool 5 more minutes before enjoying. If a bit of egg has spilled from the ham onto the muffin cup and it’s stuck to the pan, use a knife to gently loosen it.