Ham and egg cups are perfect as a keto breakfast. They are also great as a quick, portable snack – heated up or even cold.
Ham and egg cups are cute little quiches that are just perfect as a filling, keto and paleo breakfast.
Make a dozen – this recipe scales easily – and refrigerate. They keep well in the fridge for a few days and are delicious gently reheated in the microwave, or even cold. They also make a great portable snack!
The big advantage of using ham slices as a “crust” in these ham and egg cups is not just the added flavor and lower carbs, but also the reduced risk of sticking to the muffin tin compared with standard breakfast egg muffins.
Ham and Egg Cups
- 1 teaspoon olive oil for pan
- 4 slices deli ham, about 2 oz. (I used Applegate)
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons of filling (I used chopped tomatoes, olives and cilantro)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Brush four muffin cups with olive oil and line them each with a ham slice.
- In a Pyrex measuring cup, whisk the eggs, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Pour the eggs evenly into the lined muffin cups. Add your filling, dividing it evenly among the cups.
- Bake 25-30 minutes, or until eggs are set and puffed and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan, then transfer to a plate and allow to cool 5 more minutes before enjoying. If a bit of egg has spilled from the ham onto the muffin cup and it's stuck to the pan, use a knife to gently loosen it.